stay mobile or do both??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nailsharon

Reaction score
hi ,guys i was wondering if yous could help me out with this one as i really dont know what to do,anyway iv been asked by the local hairdresser to come round and have a wee chat with her ,as i did her daughters tan last week in the shop and she had said that they had a room that has a sunbed that they used to use for clients (theres a sunbed shop opened up nexted door ) and its just getting used for storage .Shes asked me to do a trial run and see how it goes but im not sure as im mobile with my tanning and il need to put my prices up if i go into the salon which will be 2 days maybe a late night depending on bookings ,its not in the city ,the salons in a small villiage .if im going to rent how much to yous think i should go ?and i want to keep mobile too so do you thnk it will work ?? :irked:

Hi, I think it would be a great opportunity for you, but I guess you have to way it up and see if you would be out of pocket.

If your happy doing mobile and that suits you better than being tied down to the opening hours of a shop.

It wont hurt, to have a chat with her, make a list of all your questions.

If you havent got anything to lose, then go for it.

goodluck

Hiya:)

I think that you should sit down quietly with some paper and a large coffee and really have a long hard think about the pros and cons of this offer. Try to put down some figures so that you have got something to work with. My advice to you is do not be rushed into this decision and think about it very carefully. I am mobile and I love it because on my quiet weeks I have not got to worry about paying rent or just idly sitting in a salon. I am at home normally drumming up more advertising schemes lol:lol:
Also i feel with a room you have to have a nice stock on show and that takes money, where as being mobile you tend to just buy what you need.
good luck anyway and keep us posted:hug:

Could you do both?

I have just signed up to rent a beauty treatment room above a hair salon but I will also still offer evening mobile appointments for those who can't make it to the salon.

I also agree with the earlier advice of getting pencil and paper and doing some sums.

I desperately wanted to be salon based on my own so for me it wasn't a difficult decision but if it's not for you then thats fine.:hug:

Could you do both?

I have just signed up to rent a beauty treatment room above a hair salon but I will also still offer evening mobile appointments for those who can't make it to the salon.

I also agree with the earlier advice of getting pencil and paper and doing some sums.

I desperately wanted to be salon based on my own so for me it wasn't a difficult decision but if it's not for you then thats fine.:hug:
hi ,im quite happy with mobile too but i dont want to miss the oppotunity ,as i will be still mobile but going in the shop maybe two afternoons and late night(thur&fri) it just depends on what shes looking for in renting& whats shes wanting out of me doing this ,but il see what she has to say when i go in on wed will let yous know what happens :hug:

its like reading about myself as I'm in a very similar positon albeit holistics.
I already rent a room 2 days a week and pay a percentage, so no risk.
I've been offered a room which would be mine all week for a set rent but its in a small village, so don't want to give up the 2 days in a town setting.

I also have a son that I like to be able to take to school and pick him up.

Would like to perhaps do a couple of days, but the owner just wants me to take it. So, it will kill me to know that the room is there but I'm not using it.

Would love to know how much she wants you to pay. If its a rent or a percentage. Please let us know the outcome.

its like reading about myself as I'm in a very similar positon albeit holistics.
I already rent a room 2 days a week and pay a percentage, so no risk.
I've been offered a room which would be mine all week for a set rent but its in a small village, so don't want to give up the 2 days in a town setting.

I also have a son that I like to be able to take to school and pick him up.

Would like to perhaps do a couple of days, but the owner just wants me to take it. So, it will kill me to know that the room is there but I'm not using it.

Would love to know how much she wants you to pay. If its a rent or a percentage. Please let us know the outcome.
yes im with u wih the child things but iv got three so it would be ideal for me incase i need to get to the school or incase anything happens that i not far away ,as you were saying i was thinking of percentage as u say no risk ,and if i dont do it ,it would kill me too if someone else got it and made a go of it ,iv nothing to lose really if it doesnt work out in the trial period well thats fine, i just keep doing what im doing ,keep you posted though :hug:

hi ,just to let yous know ,went to see the lady whos was wanting me to do tanning in her shop , it went staight forward very business like and she got staight to the point :rolleyes:shes wanting £20per day (2 days i was thinking of doing ) and £2.50 for the eletric,shes going to do all the clearing and putting a clean lick of paint,no contract.Im having having second thoughts though as counting up the monthly rent is just over the 2 grand and thats a lot to pay out in a year and i could be putting the money elsewhere ,my husband has now suggested that we convert the garage abit for my tanning and do it there saying that most of my tanning clients i go to but i do have some that come to the house and iv been doing it in my room,im just wanting somewhere i could just put my tent up when needed so i think the garage will be a good idea ,so i think il just stick to what im doing mobile :)

hi ,just to let yous know ,went to see the lady whos was wanting me to do tanning in her shop , it went staight forward very business like and she got staight to the point :rolleyes:shes wanting £20per day (2 days i was thinking of doing ) and £2.50 for the eletric,shes going to do all the clearing and putting a clean lick of paint,no contract.Im having having second thoughts though as counting up the monthly rent is just over the 2 grand and thats a lot to pay out in a year and i could be putting the money elsewhere ,my husband has now suggested that we convert the garage abit for my tanning and do it there saying that most of my tanning clients i go to but i do have some that come to the house and iv been doing it in my room,im just wanting somewhere i could just put my tent up when needed so i think the garage will be a good idea ,so i think il just stick to what im doing mobile :)

£20 is about the norm for day rates I believe but do go with what your heart tells you. If you can work from home then great.

Latest posts

Back