Stay mobile or rent a room in a salon?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

twinkle

Reaction score
hiya all, ive been doing mobile beauty for over a year now. i enjoy doing it, but the miles i have put on my car and the time between each customer i could do others..
Ive tanned a lady who owns a hair dressers and she was saying she needed someone to do the beauty as the lass girl moved abroad.
The rate if 3 days for £75 then £20 per day for any extra days..
I am making £300 a week on adv working mobile, but im out till late on a night some nights. and i rush about if im late which gets me stressed.. lol
Im doing a course to do the shrinking vilot body wraps and have advtised that i will be doing them soon. i already have 10 bookings for this.
this treatment i think would be better in a salon..
argh my head is in bits trying to think of what to do..
i no i could make it work, and if it does i could go back mobile for them days just scared to just do it..
help has any of you lot been mobile then went into the salon or do you think i should just stick with what is working??
thanks all:|

Hey hun,

I am going to have this dilemma in the future, so I'll look forward to reading peoples replies!

As for ur situation, I say go for it for the 3 days, esp with ur body wraps if it is easier.

I know the hours can be long/late doing mobile- I am sat waiting to go to my last one now!

U have the other days you could pick one to stay mobile for the time being-knowing u have the clients, then start to advertise the room/salon for all new business.

Some of my ladies would follow me to a salon- and I'd have to keep some mobile for the extra money!

We maybe moving so don't want to set up in a room close to home then move 15miles away, so I am waiting to see if we do!

Good luck with what ever u decide xx

When an opportunity comes along I would say go for it! like you said a salon seems an ideal place to do your body wrap service soon and you are doing well as mobile at the minute which means you have the drive and skills! I have a home salon and the fact the clients come to me - superb and as up say - more time for more clients if you wish! Also being in a salon people can pop in and grab a leaflet, personal recommendations also x

A friend has give me an idea. I could do my treatments at my own home. Iv got the space has aby1 else done this b4?x

Hi twinkle,

There are lots of threads on here about home salons and how people of set them up, permissions they've need, problems and plus points, have a good read through them.

In terms of your original question about mobile to salon - I made that leap a few months ago and I'm really pleased I did. I have some clients who followed, some who didn't and some who couldn't. Those who couldn't through travel or ill health I either still see (palliative care) in their homes or I have found other therapists who I trust to pass them on to.

I think at present around 65% of my mobile clients have come with me to the salon and I have picked up plenty of new ones along the way.

I'm not full every day I'm in but each week is getting better and people are returning and bringing friends/family which is a good sign I think.

Because we didn't know how it was going to work, I agreed a % split for the first 3 months with the Salon owner with a view to moving to fixed term if we were both happy after that.

I can honestly say I don't regret it at all, my hours or shorter, my income is greater and my car isn't clocking miles at the same rate as the Starship Enterprise!!!

Good luck with whatever you decide is right for you

xx

Latest posts

Back