Stealing clients

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lmarsh

Reaction score
I need honest opinions. I had a client walk in who had another appointment with my co worker. The client came on the wrong day and I wasn’t busy so I said I could accommodate her. She went to the bathroom and the receptionist told me it was a request client to that stylist. The client came out of the bathroom and I told her, it is completely up to her and I can accommodate her today but since she does have a history with the other stylist she might want to wait for that stylist. She told me she wound rather so it “ today “ so I did her hair color. Long story short my co worker found out and I guess the receptionist made it appear as though I was pushing the client into getting the service ( which I don’t think I was being pushy at all). My co worker is PISSED and accusing me of trying to steal her client when times are slow. In my heart I know I would never ever do that and respect my co worker completely. Do u think I was wrong that I offered to accommodate the client ? Should I just have said no I won’t do it ? Please give me honest feedback as I am really trying to see her point. She thinks I am crazy for even thinking I am in the right and I am going crazy over it because I would never want to hurt anyone I work with :(

Perhaps you could have contacted your co-worker during the time the client was in the bathroom to discuss how she wanted this to play out. Just a thought.

I need honest opinions. I had a client walk in who had another appointment with my co worker. The client came on the wrong day and I wasn’t busy so I said I could accommodate her.

I’m inclined to agree with your co-worker. You effectively poached that client from her.
If the client wasn’t booked in with anyone and had popped in looking for an appointment on the off-chance, that would be a different matter.

I see why you did it, it wasn't to be malicious you were trying to accommodate a client and be helpful, but for future reference, when you have to work with other people it's best to not cross those boundaries. Don't fret about it, it's done now. It's nearly Xmas, just make peace with your colleague and let it go. x

Thanks everyone for the feedback so far ! I appreciate it so much

I’m inclined to agree with your co-worker. You effectively poached that client from her.
If the client wasn’t booked in with anyone and had popped in looking for an appointment on the off-chance, that would be a different matter.
I knew the client would go back to the stylist (who is upset with me ) I guess I was looking at the client as a salon client vs. that stylists client. Anyways it’s done now and I apologized and told her it won’t happen again obviously and she still is upset :(

Perhaps you could have contacted your co-worker during the time the client was in the bathroom to discuss how she wanted this to play out. Just a thought.
Thanks yeah obviously it won’t happen again I understand why she is upset but think she is blowing it up more than it needs to be also :( I apologized and said it won’t happen again and she said she can’t trust me and she will sit on her days off to make sure I don’t steal her clients. Omg I mean come on

Thanks yeah obviously it won’t happen again I understand why she is upset but think she is blowing it up more than it needs to be also :( I apologized and said it won’t happen again and she said she can’t trust me and she will sit on her days off to make sure I don’t steal her clients. Omg I mean come on

She’s being a drama queen, if you’ve apologised she should really be an adult, professional and accept your apology and move on. I’d be inclined to tell her that too, in fact I’d give her the money from that client and tell her to grow up, but that’s just me. I hate rudeness and sometimes I think ppl only treat ppl like that if they think they can get away with it. Put your foot down tell her to have a word with herself. You can only be so nice to someone xxxxx

She’s being a drama queen, if you’ve apologised she should really be an adult, professional and accept your apology and move on. I’d be inclined to tell her that too, in fact I’d give her the money from that client and tell her to grow up, but that’s just me. I hate rudeness and sometimes I think ppl only treat ppl like that if they think they can get away with it. Put your foot down tell her to have a word with herself. You can only be so nice to someone xxxxx
Completely yeah I will give her the money To prove a point . I have been known to be “ too nice “ sometimes too so interesting u say that. Thanks for the advice !!

Completely yeah I will give her the money To prove a point . I have been known to be “ too nice “ sometimes too so interesting u say that. Thanks for the advice !!

You may get into trouble but I wouldn’t be treated like that and take it on the chin, not if it was continued xxxxx

You may get into trouble but I wouldn’t be treated like that and take it on the chin, not if it was continued xxxxx
Yeah I am known to be “ nice” and like that a out myself but after I apologized she needs to accept and move on. Also this has never happened before and we had a good relationship before this . Life is too short to deal with such drama

You did what the client wanted, which is what we do in this industry. If the client ONLY wanted your colleague, she would have waited.

Thanks Tinker exactly! I get it and when times are slow it sucks and I understand she feels frustrated but its the nature of the business too

You did what the client wanted, which is what we do in this industry. If the client ONLY wanted your colleague, she would have waited.

Completely agree!!

If the client wanted done there and then and she couldn't accommodate her then I really don't see the issue. We do this between us at our salon and there's only the two of us. There's never been any bad feeling. As we say, we don't care who you want to go to aslong as it's here. Lol. U have apologised to her now anyway so just don't let it carry on and be normal with her. It's up to her if she wants to be like that. X

Thanks for the response. I guess the receptionist made it seem as though I was being pushy and she said at any salon to do a request client I would be fired. Anyways I didn’t know it was such a huge deal and apologized and need to move on and so does she. I viewed it as anyone who comes in is a salon client too not only one stylist client. Anyways thanks for the reply :)

I presume you're self employed within the salon, however if she wanted it done there and then and you're free you would have been a fool to say no, that client probably would have found somewhere else and not returned to the salon at all.

It sounds like there are some issues with receptionist, from the little you've spoken about it doesn't sound like a friendly place to be x

I presume you're self employed within the salon, however if she wanted it done there and then and you're free you would have been a fool to say no, that client probably would have found somewhere else and not returned to the salon at all.

It sounds like there are some issues with receptionist, from the little you've spoken about it doesn't sound like a friendly place to be x
Thanks for your input. I have thought about my actions sooo much because I really don’t want to do the wrong thing and if I did, learn from it. One thing I can say is if it is a request client at any salon I work at I will never go there again. People get pissed and wayyyy to upset it’s nkt even worth it. I wasn’t trying to do anything more than accommodate the client and now I had to explain myself and don’t even think they really believe me. Just not worth it. Anyways thanks for your advice too!!!

Latest posts

Back