Stealing Co-worker, what would you do???

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dont you want concrete proof though? I know I would. Until you have that it is your word against hers no matter who believes you in management and as what she is doing must surely be a sackable offence you would finally get it sorted out. What happens if she does the same to someone else?

Dont you want concrete proof though? I know I would. Until you have that it is your word against hers no matter who believes you in management and as what she is doing must surely be a sackable offence you would finally get it sorted out. What happens if she does the same to someone else?

I know for sure what she did but I see what you mean. But like I said before, there is no way of getting that now since I have everything locked up now. The owner is aware of it and when she changes salons you can bet I will be right there to tell them what she is capable of. This may sound immature but she messed with the wrong girl! :mad:

I apologise in advance, but the whole of this thread makes me feel uncomfortable!

A person is being discussed without their knowledge, without being able to tell their side of the story easily!

The person may have read the post and thought she could not defend herself - that everyone would believe that they were the thief!

IF that person is a thief, then it should be dealt with within the salon - we are not the judges here (and I apologise again beforehand if I sound harsh) BUT we haven't a clue what is really going on!

Whatever happened to "innocent until proven guilty"? and again I will apologise if I have understood it incorrectly but how can you say all these things about the girl when you yourself have advocated tampering with products (I understand you may not have done this) but we do not know you or the girl involved personally.

Furthermore, you have admitted in other posts that you use several systems/products - could this not be a reason why your enhancements appear to be different???

Like I have said in an earlier post, I hope you manage to sort it out, but wanted to give you a little bit of "food for thought"!

Rightio Mrs Grumpy is off to bed :lol:

PS in answer to your original question - I would get outta there pronto and be self employed!

Last edited:
I apologise in advance, but the whole of this thread makes me feel uncomfortable!

A person is being discussed without their knowledge, without being able to tell their side of the story easily!

The person may have read the post and thought she could not defend herself - that everyone would believe that they were the thief!

IF that person is a thief, then it should be dealt with within the salon - we are not the judges here (and I apologise again beforehand if I sound harsh) BUT we haven't a clue what is really going on!

Whatever happened to "innocent until proven guilty"? and again I will apologise if I have understood it incorrectly but how can you say all these things about the girl when you yourself have advocated tampering with products (I understand you may not have done this) but we do not know you or the girl involved personally.

Furthermore, you have admitted in other posts that you use several systems/products - could this not be a reason why your enhancements appear to be different???

Like I have said in an earlier post, I hope you manage to sort it out, but wanted to give you a little bit of "food for thought"!

Rightio Mrs Grumpy is off to bed :lol:

PS in answer to your original question - I would get outta there pronto and be self employed!

I'm terribly sorry that this thread made you uncomfortable.

I do realize that there are two sides to every story, of course :) But in my defense, I do not think the girl that did this to me belongs to Nail Geek and even if she is, I have not listed any names...as a matter of fact you don't even know MY real full name because I chose to keep it confidential.

So if you think about it, if the girl that I mentioned noticed this thread and knows it is about her, then what does that tell you? That she is guilty. And if she reads this thread, and none of this rings a bell, then of course she would be innocent right?

I wasn't looking for judges, I was looking for some advice from my peers as to what to do in this situation because I was at a loss and very close to quitting the salon even though I like working there (besides this little tryst).

I would also like to clear something up about me mixing products. I use Tammy Taylor polymers with EZFlow Qmonomer, (and sometimes I use EZFlows polymers). Most nail techs in my area do (mix the Tammy Taylor and the EZFlow), which is why I started to do it in the first place. It creates a very strong nail which hardly ever breaks, cracks or lifts.

It also used to say on their website that EZFlows Qmonomer is a versitile monomer that is designed to work with any acrylic system, but it doesn't anymore. There are a lot of nail techs that mix products successfully, but not many of them would admit it, expecially on this website because everyone is so critical of it.

Qmonomer is no longer available to me locally, so I was forced to buy the EZFlow HD monomer until I got my Qmonomer in the mail. Why do I not use Tammy Taylors monomer? Because I have used it before and it doesn't work as well since you ask! I think that once you find something that works, you should stick with it, and this little mixture works for me.

I don't care about the negative responses I will probably get from admitting this either :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Could you please write in paragraphs, the big blocks of text are very difficult to read.

Last edited:
Apologies Kitkat68 if you take this the wrong way but I just want to give you my opinion on things.

I presume you feel that you are getting alot of negativity from people on this site but I do believe that negativity breeds negativity and unfortunately you dont appear to have had many good things to say about our industry, the people that work in it or the products themselves and human nature as it is means that your kind of attitude and approach since you have been on this site will annoy people and get the kind of reaction that you have received.

You are right that this site is here to help people when they are having a hard time but it is also here to for you to support others too and when it all seems "one sided" people may think why should they help you when they dont believe any advice they give will be taken notice of (which seems to be the case at the minute) and you appear that you may not support others back when it is needed - apologies if you have helped others as I havent seen it but your negativity seems to have overshadowed any positive attitude you have shown.

I imagine you will not like the comments I have made but I am just trying to help you understand why you have received the reaction that you have. I think you probably wont understand my point but I feel I needed to try and get this point across to you.

x x x

I'm terribly sorry that this thread made you uncomfortable. I do realize that there are two sides to every story, of course :)

Then you will understand my point of view!

But in my defense, I do not think the girl that did this to me belongs to Nail Geek and even if she is, I have not listed any names...as a matter of fact you don't even know MY real full name because I chose to keep it confidential.

She may or may not be a nail geek, we don't know do we?

Furthermore, lots of geeks only are known by their user name - not their real name.

The point here is that if there are several salons in your area, staff may be members of this site, which in turn may mean they "work out" who is who - yes I know the USA is a huge place, but here you are corresponding with people from the UK and all over the world! The world soon becomes a smaller place!

So if you think about it, if the girl that I mentioned noticed this thread and knows it is about her, then what does that tell you? That she is guilty.

But then that doesn't prove it to us does it?

And if she reads this thread, and none of this rings a bell, then of course she would be innocent right?

She may read it and it does ring a bell because she has heard/been advised that you have spoken out of term about her - she is still innocent, but her reputation has been ruined by you!

If it doesn't ring a bell, then she probably is innocent, but again it is human nature to talk about others and you can not be sure that she knows how you feel about her! She might have the same opinion of you - look at how you feel about the way this girl is alleged to have been with you? It's not nice is it?

I wasn't looking for judges, I was looking for some advice from my peers as to what to do in this situation because I was at a loss and very close to quitting the salon even though I like working there (besides this little tryst).

You got plenty of advice - some of which like I stated made me feel rather uncomfortable!

I would also like to clear something up about me mixing products. I use Tammy Taylor polymers with EZFlow Qmonomer, (and sometimes I use EZFlows polymers). Most nail techs in my area do (mix the Tammy Taylor and the EZFlow), which is why I started to do it in the first place. It creates a very strong nail which hardly ever breaks, cracks or lifts. It also used to say on their website that EZFlows Qmonomer is a versitile monomer that is designed to work with any acrylic system, but it doesn't anymore. There are a lot of nail techs that mix products successfully, but not many of them would admit it, expecially on this website because everyone is so critical of it. Qmonomer is no longer available to me locally, so I was forced to buy the EZFlow HD monomer until I got my Qmonomer in the mail. Why do I not use Tammy Taylors monomer? Because I have used it before and it doesn't work as well since you ask!

As a professional site we would never advocate mixing two different brands of polymer and monomer - some do use different brand files etc!

The products are created and designed to work together chemically, you therefore should, be able to create a beautiful enhancement with one brand!

I think that once you find something that works, you should stick with it, and this little mixture works for me.

If it works for you, then yes you go for it, but you can not expect the brand owners or professionals, to sort any problems you encounter or give advice on products which have been mixed!

I don't care about the negative responses I will probably get from admitting this either :)

The above sentence, says it all for me - why bother asking us for our opinions when you blatantly admit you don't care what we say? I for one won't bother helping you or reading you anymore

As a footnote, I do hope you do get your problems sorted out - if for no other reason, than for your clients!

Snugglepuss and Oey. It would be a great pleasure if you would just pass up my threads from now on. There is a difference between stating your opinion and being a jerk about it. So far any responses I have had from either of you have been extremely rude and condescending. I find it hard to believe that either of you are even on here to learn more about out industry, it seems that you are both on here to judge other people. Since we are being opinionated, there's mine. I did not join this forum to conjure up enemies, only friends and helpful advice from fellow nail techs. If you are unable to find any helpful and friendly advice that I have given to others, than that clearly tells me that you have not read all of my posts. I am through arguing with you. I will not respond to any further negative comments from either of you, because this could go on forever, so I am ending it now. As far as I am concerned when I see your names I will pass yours up as well. I am on here to learn and get information, not to be scruitinized by both of you or anyone else that wishes to put in their two cents in a nasty way. It is clear that you don't like anything I have posted thus far and I am lead to wondering why you even bother to look. Good luck in all that you do. Go find another newbie on this site and target them because you won't get any further with me as I will no longer entertain you with these petty arguements. :confused:

This isn't going anywhere...please, use PM's if your post is personally aimed at someone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back