Steiner training

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LaurynH99

Reaction score
Hey everyone!

So I've gotten a place at Steiner training, but I've got some questions:

1. Ive got to loose some weight (no problems there, I'm over halfway to getting rid of it) but all the girls in our WhatsApp chat keep going on about their leaving dates so I'll be the last one to go. How do you deal with all of this?

2. Back in February I had a minor operation to have an ingrown toenail removed (thank you genetics) but now I may need another one, should I be telling my Steiner person (Nicci) or do I leave it?

3. What the hell do I pack? How much money do I save up? With all of this going on, when is the best time to do my visa and CRB check?

If anyone can help with any of these things that would be great, thank you ❤️❤️❤️

Hey everyone!

So I've gotten a place at Steiner training, but I've got some questions:

1. Ive got to loose some weight (no problems there, I'm over halfway to getting rid of it) but all the girls in our WhatsApp chat keep going on about their leaving dates so I'll be the last one to go. How do you deal with all of this?

2. Back in February I had a minor operation to have an ingrown toenail removed (thank you genetics) but now I may need another one, should I be telling my Steiner person (Nicci) or do I leave it?

3. What the hell do I pack? How much money do I save up? With all of this going on, when is the best time to do my visa and CRB check?

If anyone can help with any of these things that would be great, thank you ❤️❤️❤️

@jamiereid92 has lived the Steiner experience, and I’m linking his original thread for you to read through:

https://www.salongeek.com/threads/steiner.281490/

I’m curious to know if losing weight part of their job specification criteria..... I sincerely hope not as that would clearly be discriminatory o_O

@jamiereid92 has lived the Steiner experience, and I’m linking his original thread for you to read through:

Is having to lose weight one of their job specification criteria, I sincerely hope not o_O
Yeah, their medical doctor will say if you have to either loose weight or put on weight, luckily I only have to loose 1st 1lbs (about 7kg) the other girls in the group are all the same body type from what I remember so I'm guessing they got the all clear I mean hearing all the girls talk about what to take, when they're going is making me loose the motivation to do this but this is my dream job so I gotta do it, I guess

I’m curious to know if losing weight part of their job specification criteria..... I sincerely hope not as that would clearly be discriminatory o_O
I know someone who worked there and it pretty much is. She was stick thin bless her and they told her to maintain that weight. On the cruise, she had to work 12-14hr days and was expected to also work out 1-2hrs a day and they'd be in trouble and start having questions asked if she didn't work out.

I know someone who worked there and it pretty much is. She was stick thin bless her and they told her to maintain that weight. On the cruise, she had to work 12-14hr days and was expected to also work out 1-2hrs a day and they'd be in trouble and start having questions asked if she didn't work out.
In my interview, they said the weight thing is for health and safety, but my college lecturers were very iffy with it cause it's all based on BMI apparently

Yeah, their medical doctor will say if you have to either loose weight or put on weight, luckily I only have to loose 1st 1lbs (about 7kg) the other girls in the group are all the same body type from what I remember so I'm guessing they got the all clear I mean hearing all the girls talk about what to take, when they're going is making me loose the motivation to do this but this is my dream job so I gotta do it, I guess

If it’s your dream job, then yes I get it, but even so the reasoning behind it doesn’t sit well with me.

Whaaat? :eek: That’s outrageous! :mad:

They don't tell you about this until the interviews though

They don't tell you about this until the interviews though

That in itself would really rattle my cage.....just saying :)

Good luck though, I hope everything turns out the way you want it to.

Hi.
I worked in board cruise ships for Steiner many many years ago and I loved it! Seriously loved it. I did mostly massage all day long with a few slimming treatments too. We were paid £35 a week but everything was paid for. Accommodation, food, etc. I made some friends for life. We had our days off in port so we got off for the day and saw so much of the world. They truly were carefree days. Do it while young with no responsibilities. I still keep contact with other ex steiners and they’ll tell you too it was the best days of their life. But it’s not for everyone. I haven’t actually met anyone who didn’t enjoy it though. We definately had over weight girls working back then so maybe this is a new rule. Anyway, during the training you will see people being sent off ahead of you. That happened to me and I was beginning to think I wasn’t going to be sent out but I was. We all lived in a flat in London supplies by Steiner while attending training in preparation for going on board. Seriously, you’ll have a blast.

So I've just had an email today saying "just to confirm that your position has been cancelled" I'm not sure if that means that I no longer have a place or the date I put down has been cancelled? I have been told that I get up to a year to lose the weight. Anyone with any experience with this could shed some light on this would be great please

So I've just had an email today saying "just to confirm that your position has been cancelled" I'm not sure if that means that I no longer have a place or the date I put down has been cancelled? I have been told that I get up to a year to lose the weight. Anyone with any experience with this could shed some light on this would be great please

What a weird message to get. No explanation or further info on what happens next? Maybe you need to reply and ask. It’s all fine so different now from when I used to work for them. We didn’t have mobiles back then infact I’m not even sure we had the internet!

What a weird message to get. No explanation or further info on what happens next? Maybe you need to reply and ask. It’s all fine so different now from when I used to work for them. We didn’t have mobiles back then infact I’m not even sure we had the internet!
I did ask if that means that I've lost my place with them or if they've cancelled my start date (if it's the latter then I'm fine with because I'm meant to be having an operation soon but I haven't had any confirmation so I haven't been able to let them know)

This is probably the wrong place to post this but I just need some help.

So a while ago I made a post about getting a job with Steiner and them asking me to loose 7kilos (which I've done!!!). However last week I sent them a letter from my doctor confirming of the loss and I was told that they'd give me a date shortly for sometime in October. This was a week ago, now my current employer is going on holiday this Friday for two weeks so if I get a date whilst she is away I can't give my notice to her and I'm getting a little bit stressed about it.

I feel like they're ignoring me cause I emailed them this morning explaining the situation with my boss going away in hopes that they might give me a rough date/idea so that the next few rotas can be changed

If anyone has any advice or experience then please let me know

You should still be able to give adequate notice because presumably the salon is still open for business?
What happens to the salon’s correspondence whilst s/he is away? Just add your letter of resignation to the pile of post.
Is there an acting manager?
Do you have your boss’s mobile phone number, if so you can also text your resignation in addition to leaving your letter on the pile.

We are expected to give two weeks (though we are paid weekly and my dad said it should be a week, I'm on 0 hours too so I don't really have to give any notice just tell them my last day)

My boss doesn't like anyone texting her in relation to work when she's on holiday whiiis fair enough. We have the shop number to call but that's only if we are ill or something similar, we only have supervisors really when she's away so no one has any real power. It's not run very well

But Steiner have just gotten back in contact with me and apparently they forgot to send me any details, I start between the 7th October and 21st October

How exciting for you.
If you’re on a zero hours contract (!!) then I really wouldn’t be bothered about giving them notice. They don’t deserve your consideration.

I think now I'm just gonna tell them my last day (might be a coupe of days before I start, just so I have time to pack and spend time with my family etc)

Latest posts

Back