Stencils

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

glittergirl

Blingin' Brummie Geek
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I was wondering if anyone knows what kinda paper or card etc you need to make a stencil my mom makes cakes (wedding etc) and we have had an idea of making characatures (not sure if i spelt that right) on cakes but need to know what we need to make the stencils out of.

We could just paint them i know but my mom wants to airbrush them a use stencils to built up the pictures.

Anyone have any ideas?

Hi Jodie
If you want to reuse the stencil then get some sheets of acetate from a craft shop. You will also need a craft knife to accurately cut the shapes (the shop will have plenty). If it is a 'use once' stencil just use card.

Not approrpiate for cakes (!) but 'frisket film' is great for making stencils of masks for nails because it has a stick back that can be reused (or you can get spray sticky stuff to apply to acetete) The nail art suppliers (like K-Sa-Ra and Nail Creations have all this stuff)

Marian

Thanks Mum,

I'll Pop Into My Local Craft Shop When We've Done One I'll Post A Pic.:)

some art good art shops will laser cut designs for you, not sure how much they cost, i suppose it depends on how intricate the design is.

THANX I NEVA THOUGHT OF THAT I'VE BEEN TO A CRAFT SHOP BROUGHT THE ACETATE AND CRAFT KNIFE BUT LINES ARE NOT SMOOTH!

GOOD IDEA SHROPSHIREDAWN I'M GUNNA GO BACK MONDAY AND ASK THEM IF THEY DO IT OR KNOW SOMEONE WHO DOES.

Latest posts

Back