Sterilising and sanitising question

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robin love

Reaction score
Can i ask what you do to keep your clients safe

Eyelash/brow brushes do you wash first in soapy water then sterilise? if so what do you use?
iv been throwing away my eyelash brushes but am thinking it ain't environmentally friendly!

would love

I give clients their disposable lash brush.

If I’ve given them one before then I will do a soapy wash and scrub then barbicide to disinfect. Exactly like my scissors and tweezers. I also use a mini alcohol wipe for a clean before barbicide. It might be excessive but I’ve seen so many manky things I’m happy doing it. You can get them for 1.99 for 100 on eBay.

Barbicide is actually suitable for plastic tools so I will get as much use out of a disposable one as I can. I hate plastic waste. I only reuse for brows though, always fresh on lashes.

I used to use a regular reusable one but every now and then there’s someone with tons of long hairs and I can’t always get them all off after a trim so prefer to dispose.

Do a search for sanitize and lots of different ways for disinfection will come up.

Latest posts

Back