Sterilising machines?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tiana123

Reaction score
Hi i usualy use barbricide to clean all my nail tools but i am looking to upgrade to using a sterilisation machine but i dont really know where to start, can anyone suggest a good one? Or give me an idea on how to decide which on to perchase
Thanks

Why do you want to switch from barbicide? X

Why do you want to switch from barbicide? X
Because i am now gettingg alot more busy and i feel using a sterilization machine will be more cost effective

I love barbicide and Mundo

As far as I'm aware you need to look for an autoclave if you want to sterilise your tools.

While sterilisation is a requirement for salons in certain US states, it is not required in the UK. Here sanitising and disinfecting our tools is considered more than adequate when done correctly.

As far as I'm aware you need to look for an autoclave if you want to sterilise your tools.

While sterilisation is a requirement for salons in certain US states, it is not required in the UK. Here sanitising and disinfecting our tools is considered more than adequate when done correctly.
Okay great thanks

You're looking at spending about £1,000 + (+ VAT)
look on ellisons and beauty express.. search for autoclave. These two models we used at college.
Glass bead sterilisers or u.v. cabinets are not worth using as bead sterilisers do not reach all the surface areas of tools and uv cabinets, well as soon as you remove the items they are not in a sterile environment and it all depends on the uv output of the bulbs and this will diminish over time plus the hassle of using tissues to turn your tools over every 15 minutes each side. You will still have to wash / cleanse your tools with antibacterial detergent before you use the autoclave and rinse out and replace the distilled water each time you use it ! my lecturer who also worked from home used barbicide.
Personally I use mundo
The only time you really need an autoclave is when invasive procedures are done such as microblading and epilation, SPMU etc.

Hope this helps with your decision but I see I was beaten to the post:)

Last edited:
You're looking at spending about £1,000 + (+ VAT)
look on ellisons and beauty express.. search for autoclave. These two models we used at college.
Glass bead sterilisers or u.v. cabinets are not worth using as bead sterilisers do not reach all the surface areas of tools and uv cabinets, well as soon as you remove the items they are not in a sterile environment and it all depends on the uv output of the bulbs and this will diminish over time plus the hassle of using tissues to turn your tools over every 15 minutes each side. You will still have to wash / cleanse your tools with antibacterial detergent before you use the autoclave and rinse out and replace the distilled water each time you use it ! my lecturer who also worked from home used barbicide.
Personally I use mundo
The only time you really need an autoclave is when invasive procedures are done such as microblading and epilation, SPMU etc.

Hope this helps with your decision but I see I was beaten to the post:)
Okay great thanks i will definately consider all parts

I know what your saying but. For the expense of the machines unless you run a bar with several girls in it it's not worth it. Autoclaves get so hot you need to take precautions, really it's only worth having that level of disinfection when you have tools touching bodily fluids like epilation or semi permanent make up. Uv sterilization takes ages, and you need to remember how long each set has been in so you know if they're safe yet. For each machine you would need at least 3 sets of tools. Personally I would stick with the barbicide/mundo. Your clients can then have confidence that everything is clean cos they can see it. It only takes 10 mins I put my prep tools in straight after I have finished with them and I know they will be ready for next person. You could look at getting one of the immersion boxes though and then you can put your files in dry them out after each client and by next morning you will have a full fresh set of files xxx

Well I have been washing my metal implements in soap and soak in the sterilization liquid (diff range to what is avail in the uk) and then I place items in my autoclave.
Mine is electronic and it doesn't need water added to it. New technology these days makes life much simpler , it comes with little metal trays you place items in then the trays are put down or lifted using prongs it comes with.

My upbringing is medical background and the liquid solutions does not kill every kind of thing so only sure way is to autoclave.

The other plus side is my clients are extremely happy to see and hear we use one. Converted I think price to the pound was £600 but our exchange rate is terrible so I say your more likely get one £1000 mark.

Defiantly worth every cent !

Latest posts

Back