Sterilising nails???

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Monikinha

Reaction score
A question in my assignment states?

1. Why do you think that the nails are sterilised?
(a) to prevent disease
(b) to harden the natural nails
(c) to help the nails to stick

I have been reading around the site and as far as I know that is incorrect. shouldnt it be sanitise?

A question in my assignment states?

1. Why do you think that the nails are sterilized?
(a) to prevent disease
(b) to harden the natural nails
(c) to help the nails to stick

I have been reading around the site and as far as I know that is incorrect. shouldn\\'t it be sanitize?
sterilizing nails is easy,all you have to do is heat them up 1500 degrees, then there would be no need for any nail service, as there would be no nailbed, nor finger to deal with .... i think the word that needs to be used is "sanitized", any educator or course that mentions sterilizing in regard to flesh, needs to perhaps do a course themselves to learn correct terminology

are you sure it says steralise hun? you sanatise the hands and dehydrate the nail? you steralise tools? i'm either confused or thick lol:lol:

Carl & Kirsty have both put it so well, and your assignment should read sanitize.
What I really want to add to this would probably get me red carded from the Moderators.:evil:

sterilizing nails is easy,all you have to do is heat them up 1500 degrees, then there would be no need for any nail service, as there would be no nailbed, nor finger to deal with .... i think the word that needs to be used is "sanitized", any educator or course that mentions sterilizing in regard to flesh, needs to perhaps do a course themselves to learn correct terminology

LMAO........ :lol:

Does it definately say 'sterilize' and if so, which company is providing your training?

Jackie

Another example of the DIRE education that is on offer!!!

Is it any wonder ........ !!

Now go and write a nice long informative answer and teach your training provider a thing or two about correct terminology!!

Not just the completely wrong term, the answer alternatives are dreadful!!!

'disease'??!! 'stick'!!!???

Suggest your teacher visits this website

I hope that she has taught you this but judging by the question i'm not sure so here you, this is what you need to educate you educator: hope this helps

Sanitation= Greatly reduces the number of problem causing pathogens on a surface. Salon tools and surfaces must be cleaned with soap detergents and water. Hands washed with mild cleansers and then sanitise i.e cool blue

Disinfection = Kills all pathogens on a surface excluding spore.
Only disinfect tools and surfaces i.e chlori-spray or barbacide

Sterilisation= completely destrys all living organisms. This level of decontamination is only used when tools/implements may enter the body i.e during surgery.

I've examples of what we use to clean by creative maybe a NSI geek could put what you use instead xx

Another example of the DIRE education that is on offer!!!

Is it any wonder ........ !!

Now go and write a nice long informative answer and teach your training provider a thing or two about correct terminology!!
I agree very strongly with this.
I would right an answer describing why the nails are santised not sterilized & the processes of both.
I know it's multiple choice but how can you provide a correct answer when the question is incorrect?

edit- I'm sure if you asked Carl nicely he'd let you use his description as part of you answer.

It definitely says sterilise. I will explain the difference between sanitize and sterilize in my answer.

I am studying through correspondance (a mistake in hindsight), and the course is certified by babtac, etc...

Im not happy with them though and looking for a new place to learn, but having difficulty. I have learnt and researched loads though, all of my own accord and of course through this amazing site.

The practical taught is lousy to say the least but i have already booked a course with Creative and plan to do all my nail education with them.

Latest posts

Back