Sterilizing tools

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

biggsy

Reaction score
Hi All,

As I don't have autoclave for sterilizing tools I boil them in a pan every night then put them in barbicide in the morning for that day. I am a little (okay majorly!) obsessed with hygiene but is there an easier/quicker way or a different solution that will sterilise and not just disinfect,

Yes, you are obsesssed.

If you can live with it then it wont be bad thing, but it is total over-kill and actually shows that you do not have the basic understanding of the differences between sanitation, disinfection and sterilization nor the understanding of which system of cleanliness is really called for or when.

Of course there are easier ways. Contact Disinfectants & hygiene products to prevent spread of disease. - mundo professional - for a healthy environment for full understanding of what is necessary and the most efficient ways of doing what needs to be done.

I do use mundo file spray and the hand sanitiser..

my understanding was that disinfectant- like barbicide-only prohibited the growth of micro organisms and doesn't actually destroy them only sterilising them did this...

maybe the college training was a bit overkill on the hygiene but then I have also seen some appalling conditions in nail salons where the barbicide is clearly past its sell by date:(

Thanks for the advice I will read gigi's thread.. and try desperately not to ask such stupid questions again!

Not a silly question Hun xxxx

ooo i feel another order to sweet squared coming on for Mundo, i like the idea of their file spray

xxx

mmm... sorry but I am still a little confused.. read the thread on mundo but still unclear between the differences between sterilising and disinfecting:o

If I used mundo rapid disinfectant or power + to soak my tools, in my tool tray, prior to treatment, then after each client, wiped clean and replaced them in the tray, would this be enough?

Latest posts

Back