Stick on nails vs acrylics...same result?!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

glitterxdust

Reaction score
Do you know when you used to buy those stick on nails..not the cheap ones from boots but the more expensive ones like the ones which are about £13 and you stick them on and they are really shiny smooth and the white is so crisp and the smile lines are so crisp. well my mum said mine look that the stick on nails. i said they always look rubbish but my hairdresser had them on once and they looked so good and thats what she was referring to!

for peeps who can picture it is it a good thing or bad thing? i especially see it on my the finger next to my thumb!

xx

I am glad to see that no one has risen to the bait in replying to this thread.

However, I will stick my neck out and be the one to say that such a thread doesnt have any place on a professional forum, and I wont bore anyone with the thousands of reasons why stick ons cannot be compared with ehancements.

If this was a genuine question and not a wind up, I am sorry if this is a bit abrupt, but do a search on this site for some opinions and you will soon see why this really is a non-starter

I am also gonna butt in on this one & i know i shouldn`t but i just can`t help myself. :mad:
Why is a so called `professional` (if that is what they are calling them selves by their profile), using stick ons at all. Obviously they are not as professional as they say they are and maybe they need to go back and get some training as they sound like they need it poor thing. All that money down the swanny as the saying goes to end up with nothing in the end.
I think you will definatly...100 %... be able to tell the difference in the end. I am glad i am not paying this person to come and do my nails.
My advice is to go back to college, get some training in & then they could earn some money to buy the good, proper stuff.

what about those that offer party nails as a professional service...

at the end of the day they are a means to an end in some circumstances.

I'm sure we are all guilty of a quick fix at some point. a chemist hair colour, moisturiser, nail file. Hell even ive used stick on nails when i was younger!! (and found my missing thumbnail in my boot lmao).

Ive gotta be honest, i would so much rather put on a set of 'party nails' for a client that only wanted them for an occasion. Afterall, they will probably end up leaving their extensions on for weeks with no maintenance then pick them off.

if we are talkin about people sing them on themselves, then its at their own risk isnt it. they probably wouldnt pay to have them done 'properly' so its not as if your losing out on a client. However i do think that the original post had no actual point, and i cant really understand what its gettin at!

no stick on nails are nothing like nail extensions. we all know this, as a pro you shouldnt need to ask! i may have the wrong end of the stick.

Hi

So what your asking is is it a good thing that your mum thinks your pink and white L+P nails look like stick on's??

Hmm well imo no its not! Maybe your Pink and whites need a little work! I personally havnt ever seen a set of stick on's that look as good as a professionally applied set of nails of any system.

Do you know when you used to buy those stick on nails..not the cheap ones from boots but the more expensive ones like the ones which are about £13 and you stick them on and they are really shiny smooth and the white is so crisp and the smile lines are so crisp. well my mum said mine look that the stick on nails. i said they always look rubbish but my hairdresser had them on once and they looked so good and thats what she was referring to!

for peeps who can picture it is it a good thing or bad thing? i especially see it on my the finger next to my thumb!

xx

I don't think I've seen these type of stick ons.
Sounds as though your mum thinks your work is improving though?
Are you training at the moment hun?

I think your mum was just paying you a compliment,
and due to what you explain, she was complimenting your smiles, and smoothness...so yeah thats a good thing,

Take the compliment and think no more about it ...its when people complain you need to ask questions lol

xx
You can't compare a stick on nail (regardless of how much they cost) to a professionally applied enhancement.

A professionally applied set of enhancements have crisp smile lines, they're smooth, shiny, have longevity and unless they're abused by the wearer they don't encourage bacterial infections... 'nuff said IMO!

I think your mum was just paying you a compliment,
and due to what you explain, she was complimenting your smiles, and smoothness...so yeah thats a good thing,

Take the compliment and think no more about it ...its when people complain you need to ask questions lol

I think this is what your mum meant too, maybe your smiles are nice and crisp and and this is all she meant; a non-professional would not think twice about making such a comparison and I'm sure it was meant in a nice way.

Stick ons cannot and should not be compared, but I don't think that's what this thread's really about is it?

are you training sammy jane to do nails at the moment?????...did you get that job on the 15th for sculpts that you said on your profile????????.do a search on stick on nails ....thats my advice to you x

Last edited:
I might have confused you abit and i wouldnt get so angry :rolleyes:

that is exactly what i meant Emmsybabes & Blossom.
This is what i thought she meant because she said it as if it was a compliment and asked her after i posted and she said that the reason they look like that is because she said where the white is looks perfect and they are super shiney and smooth.

so there ya go!

The reason for the post was to just read what you thought she meant because i would have been abit gutted if she thought they looked as crap as stick on ones.
but instead they look as smooth, crisp and shiny as the stick on ones.

I wouldnt ever apply stick on nails on a client unless she really wanted them but they are easy to apply so she could just do them herself.
Imo they are extremely bad for nails and would only ever do acrylic or gel on ANYBODY

so think some of you meant i had them stuck on by a pro? NO WAY. lol

As for the job interview, Joan - the manager isnt a beauty therapist shes a hairdresser so doesnt really know much about nails and beauty but i asked her where the forms were and she said why not do tips theyre easier arnt they?
so i said i dont mind but ok, but i thought you told me you wanted to see me do sculpts?
and she said no i said the build up ones! but i said sculpts? and she said yes...
but..Build up ones??? hmm lol..to me that is acrylic/gel but thought she would know acrylic/gel, well anyway sculpts came to mind.

The brush was HUGE! couldnt get used to it at all as we all get used to our own brushes dont we..
the pink powder had tiny dried balls of acrylic so i was picking that up and then was getting set into the new l&p i wascreating and i was getting so frustrated because it just didnt seem like they looked after their nail things :(..

i always use dappen dishes to pour my powder/liquid into. i never dip the brush into the original pot or powder :rolleyes:
and ive decided that if i get the jb i will be taking my own brushes powder and files :lol:

They looked really fab in the end, and joan said they were lovely but she is still interviewing so will probably give me a call. i will leave it untill monday-ish.
xxx

I might have confused you abit and i wouldnt get so angry :rolleyes:
Nobody has gotten angry... if you re-read the replies not one person has said anything negative towards you!

If you were looking to see what we thought of your mum's comment then perhaps you'd have got different replies, as it was your title was "Stick on nails vs acrylics...same result?!", that's why you've got the replies you have.

hth's

:hug:

ok thats fine then i didnt know how to title the thread :rolleyes:
it seems that a few people thought id had stick on ones on and was saying they were as good as acrylic nails?

i did not mean that at all.

ok thats fine then i didnt know how to title the thread :rolleyes:
it seems that a few people thought id had stick on ones on and was saying they were as good as acrylic nails?

i did not mean that at all.
Everything's kewl... especially now we know what you meant :hug:

How far into your training are you? Are you liking it?

The brush was HUGE! couldnt get used to it at all as we all get used to our own brushes dont we..
the pink powder had tiny dried balls of acrylic so i was picking that up and then was getting set into the new l&p i wascreating and i was getting so frustrated because it just didnt seem like they looked after their nail things :(..

i always use dappen dishes to pour my powder/liquid into. i never dip the brush into the original pot or powder :rolleyes:
and ive decided that if i get the jb i will be taking my own brushes powder and files :lol:

They looked really fab in the end, and joan said they were lovely but she is still interviewing so will probably give me a call. i will leave it untill monday-ish.
xxx
Lesson learnt hey...............always take your own brush. As for anything else I wouldn't be paying for them out of my pocket.

ive done my training now. just trying to find a job in the business

Latest posts

Back