Sticking gems on?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fionacake

Reaction score
What does everyone use i have tried builder gel, glue, gel top coat i am not too convinced. I saw someone said acrylic. Any help be great [emoji4]

Glue, but just a small amount

Glue then set with uv top coat .

I use nsi secrets soak off hard gel. I trained with them to use this as part of swarovski toes. Had no problem with them staying on, and just do the same with fingers xxx

3D decals use a tiny dot of acrylic yes it works better to adhere heavier items to Nails.
Stones I use dot of Nsi glue and then use toothpick apply topcoat gel around the gems and set 30s and that usually stays put.
I do have one client who literally can't keep anything on for more then a week but she is super super busy with her hands. So I use acrylic for her .

I had small gem bows on my 4th fingers for a week (would have lasted longer but I soaked the gel off for a new colour) and used resin then set with a uv gel coat. They were seriously stuck, I type for my normal job and managed to do everything from washing clothes, washing my hair etc without them budging :)

Hi... What resin do you use to stick on your crystals?

Thanks [emoji6]

Akzentz Bling On gel xxx

Brill thank you xx

Akzentz Bling On gel xxx
I'm new to builder gels... I'm having problems applying gems to shellac, needed something stronger as I'll be testing Swarovski toes soon!
Are there any brands of builder gel that are cheap but effective as I'll only be using it to attach gems & crystals?
There are so many online I'm weary of fakes

Thanks x

The UK authorised supplier of Akzentz is Hazel Dixon Nails, if you google they'll come up, Akzentz are responsibly priced I think [emoji4].

I also use Gelish Hard Gel, structure and builder to apply.

Trick is to ensure the gems are encapsulated round the edges, rather than coating on top coat of that makes sense? I usually go in with a small pointer brush and apply the additional gel security round the edges after I have done the initial cure.

I've never tried with glue as I like to be able to move the gems about until I am happy with where they are!

I hope that helps, sorry I'm a bit of a rambler!

Xx

If you are applying on top of shellac I would advise nsi secrets as its a soak off hard gel. Some of the hard gels are file off so you will have to do sooo much more work at removal as they won't soak x

I use nsi secrets soak off hard gel. I trained with them to use this as part of swarovski toes. Had no problem with them staying on, and just do the same with fingers xxx
How easy is removal? How did you find the course? I really fancy booking this soon as I want to be able to offer full crystal nails and larger charms and don't have much luck keeping them on. The training is so reasonably priced.

When I use it for holding the gems on comes off along with the gel polish. Dead easy x

Sorry I've been at work all day and night more or less!! Ha!!

Thank you for this... I'll look at nsi secrets then, I don't wAnt to be there all day getting them off.

Thanks xx

Latest posts

Back