Sticking my neck out

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adelekeegan1

Chatty geek
Reaction score
I was distressed to see today, in a journal, that a member felt very unloved and this is not an uncommon comment.
I am probably as guilty as the next geek for perhaps being thoughtless, flippant or downright bloody offhand at times. This is never, ever, ever intentional.
Is this a good time for us all to give ourselves a little tweak and be sure that we think before we speak, I for one an going to read all posts at least 3 times.

I must add that there are some who say the right things at all times and I just want to know where they get their angel wings:lol::lol::lol: I personally have never found the shop:eek:

I find it's a good idea to reread a post before I post it. Many times when I read it again I think ':eek: I can't say that!!' and delete or change it.

I have to say I have never had a bad experience on this site, maybe I'm just lucky! Or maybe I haven't rubbed anyone up the wrong way. Yet. If I find myself getting irritated by someone's posts, I move away from the thread and don't let it bug me, as I know I can be overly sensitive sometimes.

We have to be aware of others' feelings as we can't see their faces, read their body language or hear their tone of voice!

I always try to read my post back to check it can't be misinterpreted - sometimes it sounds like you're trying to get into an argument when if you were face to face the tone and expressions would make it easy just to have a conversation

It is also really pissing me off that I very often cannot edit my posts, the site won't let me, so once I've put it, it stays. :irked:

It is also really pissing me off that I very often cannot edit my posts, the site won't let me, so once I've put it, it stays. :irked:
If you need one of your replies edited and you're unable to get it to work send a pm to one of the moderators with a link to the thread and we can make the changes for you :D

If you need one of your replies edited and you're unable to get it to work send a pm to one of the moderators with a link to the thread and we can make the changes for you :D

thank you Sandi, I didn't realise I could do that! xx

I'm glad you started this thread, Adele. I wanted to but didn't know how to phrase it!:rolleyes: Quite often I don't post or comment on a journal entry because (a) someone has already voiced the same opinion as me and (b) I can't think of anything to say. Oh, and I got my angel wings off e-bay! :wink2:

Well I hope I have earned my angel wings :lol:

Right let me give you a couple of examples :green: and tell me which one you would prefer to receive - they both say pretty much the same thing but in different ways! Oh and BTW Adele I love ya hun :hug:

Adele this type of thread has been posted before and it is good to be reminded every now and again to be post considerately and constructively. We should just think how we would feel if we received a reply which was thoughtless!

Adele, I can't believe that you have brought this type of thread up again! We are always being told to post constructive criticism - don't you think we should know by now how to post???? I don't need anybody how to tell me how to post. If you don't like what I say then don't read it!

Then of course there's always the hurt of nobody responding at all - and I sometimes I think that can be the most hurtful of all BUT we have to remember that it is a huge community and there are hundreds of posts/replies each day and I think what happens in the main is that people logon and do one of two things - look at their CP and then just look at the home page and the most recent threads showing and go to the ones with titles which look most interesting.

I sometimes do a search on certain people and find some really interesting posts from way back and then get so engrossed that I don't look at the new ones :lol:

As for the journals - not often I get round to either writing in or reading them these days BUT when I do, I always wish I read them more :hug:

I just don't have enough hours in the day and just want you all to know, if I could spare more time I would :hug:

Adele i love ya too hun, and thanks for reminding us its nice to be nice:)
I too am making more of an effort to join in more without feeling out of place and to just be considerate to other ppl's feelings.....

Thanks Adele xxxx

Julie x

I'm glad you started this thread, Adele. I wanted to but didn't know how to phrase it!:rolleyes: Quite often I don't post or comment on a journal entry because (a) someone has already voiced the same opinion as me and (b) I can't think of anything to say. Oh, and I got my angel wings off e-bay! :wink2:
If you got them off ebay they may not be genuine:green::green:

Well I hope I have earned my angel wings :lol:

Right let me give you a couple of examples :green: and tell me which one you would prefer to receive - they both say pretty much the same thing but in different ways! Oh and BTW Adele I love ya hun :hug:

Adele this type of thread has been posted before and it is good to be reminded every now and again to be post considerately and constructively. We should just think how we would feel if we received a reply which was thoughtless!

Adele, I can't believe that you have brought this type of thread up again! We are always being told to post constructive criticism - don't you think we should know by now how to post???? I don't need anybody how to tell me how to post. If you don't like what I say then don't read it!

Then of course there's always the hurt of nobody responding at all - and I sometimes I think that can be the most hurtful of all BUT we have to remember that it is a huge community and there are hundreds of posts/replies each day and I think what happens in the main is that people logon and do one of two things - look at their CP and then just look at the home page and the most recent threads showing and go to the ones with titles which look most interesting.

I sometimes do a search on certain people and find some really interesting posts from way back and then get so engrossed that I don't look at the new ones :lol:

As for the journals - not often I get round to either writing in or reading them these days BUT when I do, I always wish I read them more :hug:

I just don't have enough hours in the day and just want you all to know, if I could spare more time I would :hug:
Yes, you have definitely earned your wings sweetie, and as for not having enough time, that is just an excuse, you must learn to sleep less:lol::lol:

Adele i love ya too hun, and thanks for reminding us its nice to be nice:)
I too am making more of an effort to join in more without feeling out of place and to just be considerate to other ppl's feelings.....

Thanks Adele xxxx

Julie x
It is harder for some too join in more I know, not everyone is as gobby as me:eek::eek:

If you got them off ebay they may not be genuine:green::green:

They are a little droopy and some of the feathers have started to fall out. Also my halo seems to have slipped a bit. :green:

Ooooh you'll have to cut me out of this one.........I'm far too naughty! :lol::twisted::lol:

I don,t have angel wings:cry::cry: but I do have a halo:lol::lol: its just sitting by my knees at the mo:eek:

And you know I,s luuvvveeeessss ya hun:Love::Love::Love:

I try to post as nice and informative as possible.....:rolleyes:
I also try to re-read all my post before I click I'm done ......so as to not sound like I'm putting some one down.....also if I read a thread and what "I would have said " is already posted I will usually just read the rest of the thread and then move onto another one.....

Yes, you have definitely earned your wings sweetie, and as for not having enough time, that is just an excuse, you must learn to sleep less:lol::lol:

:eek: Ha ha I only cat nap as it is :lol::lol:

It is harder for some too join in more I know, not everyone is as gobby as me:eek::eek:

too true too true :lol::lol: (don't mean it really - or do I really - you will never know :lol::lol:)

:hug:s and snuggs Deb xx

Hi
While you have all got your wings and halo's out for dusting could someone please please help me,

I have uploaded a nail art pic onto geek gallery, :green: I wanted to get onto nail critique but for some reason it either won't let, but I don't know how to do it, it was for my first critique, its a yellow rose, I saw this rose one this site done by one of the geeks and thought I would try it, so could you please let me know how to do it or if someone can do it for me, thank you

Hi
While you have all got your wings and halo's out for dusting could someone please please help me,

I have uploaded a nail art pic onto geek gallery, :green: I wanted to get onto nail critique but for some reason it either won't let, but I don't know how to do it, it was for my first critique, its a yellow rose, I saw this rose one this site done by one of the geeks and thought I would try it, so could you please let me know how to do it or if someone can do it for me, thank you
Sorry I am a technophobe, try posting in site assistance, someone more qua;ified will be able to help I'm sure:lol:

great thread adele

we should all remember to think before we reply

Latest posts

Back