Sticking Rhinestones?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kellyc

Reaction score
Hi ya just wondered if anyone had some tricks on how to apply rhinestones, i normally put a bit of nail glue on then place the rhinestone however they seem to fall off really easily i did it yesterday and just noticed im missing 2! does anyone else use anything different than nail glue have done a quick search but just wondered what people may use? thanks x

Hi kelly

I normally put rhinestones on while the polish is still tacky, never had a problem with them falling off this way.

Sammie

Kellyc said:
Hi ya just wondered if anyone had some tricks on how to apply rhinestones, i normally put a bit of nail glue on then place the rhinestone however they seem to fall off really easily i did it yesterday and just noticed im missing 2! does anyone else use anything different than nail glue have done a quick search but just wondered what people may use? thanks x

I normally do the same as Sammie and then put layer of finishing sealer (or top coat if you dont have sealer!) over the top covering well over the rhinestones. Never had any come off - in fact its a b****r to get 'em off!!

Another option is to put a layer of gel over them and cure :)
I normally put nail art sealer over them its slightly thicker than top coat.

just before I finish I put a layer of brisa uv top coat, put the rhindstones and then cure

I put a tiny dab of Ez Flow Resin on the nail, pop the rhinestone on, and then seal with Melle's airbrush top coat - it's nice and thick and I never have probs with them coming off.

I usually put them on when the nails r still tacky then go over with a sealer or use a touch of gelbond then top coat both these work for me

I always apply a little dot of top coat.....pop the rhinestone on (a little gentle pressure) and then top coat over em!
I agree with Carole.....they are almost IMPOSSIBLE to get off!

Onto wet nail varnish with a thick top coat is great, or use a little gelbond, its also good for sticking your rear view mirror back on the windscreen if it falls off!!!!! :lol: :lol:

Latest posts

Back