Sticky acrylic brush

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hols0704

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm wondering if you could please advise as to why my brush I use for L&P is sticky? I wipe my brush every time I apply a bead to the nail to try and prevent this, but it doesn't seem to be working, however my monomer also starts to get a bit thick and sticky when I get near the end of the set of nails. I think this is because I'm a bit slow as I'm still a new starter. Also what would you recommend to clean the brushes?

TIA :)

Hi,

I'm wondering if you could please advise as to why my brush I use for L&P is sticky? I wipe my brush every time I apply a bead to the nail to try and prevent this, but it doesn't seem to be working, however my monomer also starts to get a bit thick and sticky when I get near the end of the set of nails. I think this is because I'm a bit slow as I'm still a new starter. Also what would you recommend to clean the brushes?

It normally happens when you work too wet. Check your ratio is correct. This video by Kirsty Meakin covers getting the correct ratio and how to keep your brush clean when working.

my monomer also starts to get a bit thick and sticky when I get near the end of the set of nails. I think this is because I'm a bit slow as I'm still a new starter. Also what would you recommend to clean the brushes?

Thick monomer has powder particles in it, you're wiping your brush after placing your bead, but once you start patting it into place your brush is still collecting product as your ratio is slightly off as per Pure's advice above. Wipe your brush again before picking up your next bead. You'll also find it happens more with white and opaque colours as the ratio is always trickier with those compared to clear.

Only ever clean your brush in fresh monomer, never acetone and brush cleaners can leave residue. You have the perfect products already. Just decant a small amount into a clean dappen dish and dip and wipe your brush on a clean wipe until its clean. Be sure to shape it back to a point whilst its wet.

Latest posts

Back