Sticky bottles of CND Shellac

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lauz25

Reaction score
Recently new to offering CND Shellac but after using the base and top coat i feel the actual liquid is managing to get onto the bottle - I'm ensuring not to wipe my brush on the sides but more on the inside of the bottle... not a pleasant thing as my hands get sticky and so on... anyone else experience this if so how can i wipe the bottle, just with nourishing remover?

You can clean the outside of the bottle with some Disperse on a lint free pad. This will get rid of any stickiness. Hope this helps.

Yep me too. just wipe it with some scrub fresh xx

one scrub fresh and one answer of disperse.. i'll try both thanks girls 😊 I also find that my brushes tend to get stiff - when I've noticed this i tend to be in a hot environment with a lot of light could this be why?? Im very new to this!! and totally rely on this forum to help with my problems its great just to read through some of the topics - they are so helpful!

You could use either really hun. I only use scrub fresh cos i find it less oily thats all.
What brushes hun, your shellac ones? make sure you are rolling the bottles before application. It could be that its hot and your applying too slowly maybe? xx

I use dsperse to clean any bottles. It comes right off.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

You could use either really hun. I only use scrub fresh cos i find it less oily thats all.
What brushes hun, your shellac ones? make sure you are rolling the bottles before application. It could be that its hot and your applying too slowly maybe? xx

Kylie the speed i apply may be the issue i tend to take a while - need to perfect the amount i put on the brush i either do too little or too much! I did the beginner course which is over two days so did not get a lot of nail practise! so do u roll not shake??

it's nothing to do the speed of your application, the basecoat/topcoat seems to run up the handle and flood the neck and down onto the outside of the bottle, it's happened with EVERY bottle of BC/TC i've had xxx

scrubfresh contains acetone...which most removal products (nourishing remover, dsolve etc) use for break down....you're running the risk of contaminating and ruining your shellac this way...safer to use IPA or depserse.

it's nothing to do the speed of your application, the basecoat/topcoat seems to run up the handle and flood the neck and down onto the outside of the bottle, it's happened with EVERY bottle of BC/TC i've had xxx

Thank you so much for confirming this - it doesn't happen to any of my colours so thats promising 👍

I really appreciate all the replies I've had on this post!!

Latest posts

Back