Sticky feet !!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ang S :-)

Reaction score
hello peeps

I'm fairly new to the world of spray tanning - I use sienna which I totally love, it gives a great natural colour.
but.... I am finding that some of my clients end up with "brown" soles of their feet which I'm not too chuffed about.:cry:

I dont use "sticky feet" at the moment for my clients but was wondering if any of you guys do?? and if you would recommend them??

hope you can help - thanks in advance....x:)

Hi Ang

I definately reccommend sticky feet! I use them everytime I spraytan somebody otherwise, as you have found out, they end up with orange soles! I do find unfortunately that sometimes I have a mental block when it comes to remembering to give them to people (and I find that people will take them of when they are still in the tent!) so I have just spent all this evening making up packs of sticky feet, hats and paper pants and putting them in resealable waitrose sandwich bags, ready to give to people when I arrive and am setting up. That way (I hope) I will never have the embarassment of brown soles again! I can only live in hope, knwing me I will forget the packs of stuff and have neither hats, pants or sticky feet!:eek: It's a nightmare being blonde!

Lx

aw thanx Lucy - il be putting in a order for some sticky feet asap, I just wanted to know if they worked well before I bought them!! Thanks!!
I love that idea of making up wee bags of sticky feet, hats, pants!! that fab - i'll maybe try that out too... x x x

I always use sticky feet. I know some people use kitchen roll but i think it looks unprofessional.
I am salon based so i take the client into the spay room, go through the routine with them, then get the disposables out and put the sticky feet down in the booth ready for them to stand straight onto.

I always use them I get mine from Ellisons £16.50 for 100 pairs plus p&p and VAT on top works out about £27 altogether but the best price I can find.

Its more professional to use them and keeps your clients feet free of solution!!!

Kim x

God they sound good. I think blissdirect sell them too, dont think they're as dear as that. Wat do you do with clients that has bleach blonde hair? I have caps that i use for facials would they work or would you need something more like a shower cap?
Posted via Mobile Device

I just use mob caps which are cheap enough. Yo don't need shower caps. You can get them from ebay

God they sound good. I think blissdirect sell them too, dont think they're as dear as that. Wat do you do with clients that has bleach blonde hair? I have caps that i use for facials would they work or would you need something more like a shower cap?
Posted via Mobile Device

Bliss direct sell them in 50 pairs. Ellisons are 100 pairs. I always use Ellisons and have never found them cheaper anywhere else and believe me i've checked lots of places.
I'm lucky that my nail girl works right next to an Ellisons so i don't have to pay P&P.
It would cost me more to get 50 pairs from Bliss (as i would have to pay P&P), than it would 100 pairs from Ellisons.

I just use mob caps which are cheap enough. Yo don't need shower caps. You can get them from ebay

Steady now - the "never buy anything from eBay" crew will be along in a minute to smack your legs :smack:

Confession! I bought my hair caps on ebay but that's the only thing Ive ever bought from their beauty related. Would never touch products or equipment from there.

Hehe!!!!
I never buy anything electrical or anything you put on you body from there but things like mob caps-why not?
There are some good sellers on there who also sell via their websites, so as long as you vet them.
I found my supplier of spray tan solution on there and it's a very well known brand!

In order to save money and the environment? I ask my clients if they are going of on a holiday. If they are and will therefore be showing off their feet I use the sticky feet.

If on the other hand they are not off on hols- ie are merely having a spray tan knowing they won't be showing off their toots then ................... no I do not use any sticky feet. Maybe it's worth asking the client?????????????

Rosie

I always use them I get mine from Ellisons £16.50 for 100 pairs plus p&p and VAT on top works out about £27 altogether but the best price I can find.

Its more professional to use them and keeps your clients feet free of solution!!!

Kim x

In order to save money and the environment? I ask my clients if they are going of on a holiday. If they are and will therefore be showing off their feet I use the sticky feet.

If on the other hand they are not off on hols- ie are merely having a spray tan knowing they won't be showing off their toots then ................... no I do not use any sticky feet. Maybe it's worth asking the client?????????????

Rosie

I have found that clients don't want spray on the soles of their feet regardless of whether they are going on holiday or not.
I am sitting her now, bare foot and wouldn't like anyone to see the soles of my feet if they had spray tan on them!
It's like saying-my knickers are a bit frayed with holes in them, but no-one is going to see them so it doesn't matter :lol:
My motto is 'if a job's worth doing then it's worth doing properly'

To be honest I don't use them anymore. I find the feet will only go dark at the bottom if you are standing them directly on a towel. I put a towel down and cover it will couch roll. Haven't had anyone with brown feet yet xxx

i use them and love them. I think they are great. i got my last lot from spray tan supermarket . very reasonable they were too! Although they want me to print off my own invoice. lol.

tigi

I only use the sticky feet if my clients confirm their toots/feet will be on show ie if they are on holiday.

==
hello peeps

I'm fairly new to the world of spray tanning - I use sienna which I totally love, it gives a great natural colour.
but.... I am finding that some of my clients end up with "brown" soles of their feet which I'm not too chuffed about.:cry:

I dont use "sticky feet" at the moment for my clients but was wondering if any of you guys do?? and if you would recommend them??

hope you can help - thanks in advance....x:)

I get my mop caps and disposable thongs from Ebay and use a dark hand towel for the client to stand on. I have not been told by any clients they have tanned soles yet and do have returning clients
Good luck

hi, i def recommend them there great and not expensive either ! x

Latest posts

Back