Sticky rockstars?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hausofhana

Reaction score
Why are my rockstar nails sticky?

I prepare the nail, add base coat and wipe, add clear coat, glitter, cure and then topcoat.

The nail is sticky and is easy to peel. Why is this? Any tips would help greatly :) xxx

Is it normal polish you are using?

What system are you using?

Is it normal polish you are using?

No just bog standard gel. The gel isn't sticky when I use it on its own, only with the glitter x

Are you trained in the gel your using ?
are you using the full system ?
Why are you whiping it after the fist layer ?

Are you trained in the gel your using ?
are you using the full system ?
Why are you whiping it after the fist layer ?

No I'm only doing it on myself, not charging people. Wiping the residue of the base cost x

Consumer queries is for non pro's like yourself hausofhanna to ask advice, which could be about courses, or what will help your hair condition, or how to pick a good salon.

It is not a place to learn how to do gel nails, and it is immaterial to me if you are only going to do your own. I am fully trained and qualified, I have invested a lot in my training and have trained many other techs, and I love to help any nail tech when I can on here.
But only if they are also investing in their training.
A training course is where you will find out about proper prep, what the 'sticky' layer actually is called and what it's purpose is.

As all of the nail tech's on this forum will no doubt feel the same as me, and will repeat what I say when it really is not necessary I will just close this thread off as asked and answered.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back