Sticky wax left on client?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Courtney330

Reaction score
Hi, im new to waxing. Ive tried a couple different types of hard wax, and i always have problems with wax residue being left on the skin. I was wondering what techniques i could use in order to rip off all the wax without little sticky pieces left behind. Any tips and tricks for a new waxer would be great, thanks!!

Once I can visibly see all hairs have gone I just go over with a half used strip just to pick up any little left over bits of wax, also after wax oil is great, they actually do some that dissolve left over wax too.

Practise, practise and don't give youself a hard time.

Sounds like You are using hot wax and so I would try to apply it a little thicker at the edges so that the risk of leaving a little behind is lessened. I use hot wax for mobile lip/brow waxing as it's so easy to take in the car.
However if it's remaining on the skin , just a little oil afterwards as glitzybz says will do the job.
Soft wax will leave wax behind that can be easily removed with the wax strip, so would that be perhaps worth a try if you don't feel happy with your hard wax. I trained with both so I use either depending on the treatment.
Hope you get it sorted , it can be so upsetting and confidence killing , good luck !!

Hard wax shouldn’t leave a residue but little pieces might break off. In that case you can actually put a dot of strip wax on top it and pull it off, or apply more hard wax around it so you can get a better grip on it.

As for invisible sticky residue of strip wax, I do the front of legs, apply after cream and with my gloves on and pay attention to the feel the area as I’m doing it. You will feel anything slightly raised and you just need to put some oil on a wax strip, press it onto the residue to let it warm a little and wipe it straight off. I do this before turning the client over and doing the same on the back of legs. It saves them getting so stuck to the paper as they turn. I don’t suggest doing that on a bikini lol but you can do the same thing with the strip and oil and go by sight. Is easier to see on bikini, legs I swearI just don’t see residue sometimes a small it’s so clear..or at the end give one to the client and explain its for ‘sticky bits, hold and wipe away.’

Always seems to be a random bit somewhere like a foot or a finger and I’d rather they told me or were able to get it off than be shy and go home with it still on them and getting on their clothes.

If you mean when you rip the strip and there is loads still on the skin it might be too thick. But do it again with the same strip will remove it. Firm pressure, stretch and pull. Wax sticks better to wax than a clean strip.

Latest posts

Back