Stiff waxing client

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ForYou

Reaction score
So today I did a hollywood wax on a client and she claimed she wasn't a shy person. I started off working from the outsides in but when it came to doing the inner labia, she just wasn't opening her legs wide enough.

I kept asking her politely to move her legs further out (into the frog like position) but now I am worried what if I missed a tiny bit because of her stiffness?

How would you work around this situation? Do I need to be firmer when asking?

Also I am a little disheartened aswell because I think the waxing may have been slightly painful for her although she said she hasn't had a hollywood wax in years!!

If she does complain do I offer her a free redo in the future or a refund?

Waxing all the hair off your foo foo is painful. You don't offer her a free redo. To be honest, if you missed a few bits and it was me, next time I come I would say that a few hairs seemed to be left last time.

When you have them in a frog, try getting just one side further out rather than both. I am a bit bossy. I say things like "I need that leg a little bit more over there" and so on. I have a lot of large ladies but also a lot of older ladies who aren't so flexible so have to adapt accordingly.

Good luck - but no to freebies unless you really felt you didn't do a good treatment.

Vic x

Yeah I think I need to learn to be a bit more assertive in life in general not just beauty but I just began to feel like I was forcing her. Hopefully nothing was left over and she returns happy lol.

Thank you Vic x

I say 'just relax your legs down a bit whilst I pop the wax on this last bit, so we can get these last few hairs'. It usually does the trick. Another common one I say is, 'keep your legs relaxed down if you can as it hurts more on removal if you bring your legs back up together'. I let clients rest alternate legs when they start getting stiff too.

Don't be worried about being bossy. At the end of the day you're the expert and know what needs to be where so just tell her where to put her legs. I always say I know it can be a little uncomfortable to keep both legs in this position so if they start to feel sore or shaky just let me know and we can rest one leg down. It rarely happens but they tend to bend them up more knowing that if it does get sore they can rest them down. Oh also if you mention it's less painful the more they're stretched you'll find they'll be willing to put their knees behind their ears if necessary lol.

Some people are so stiff, it's really difficult. I would get her to put on leg out in a 4.
Unfortunately it will take a bit longer because you can't do both sides at the same time but it will be easier on you both x

I think your problem is that your asking her to do something rather than telling her to do it, if you nicely ask your client to get on all fours they will try not to, if you confidently tell them to get on all fours they do it.
You need to be in control and get the client in the position you want them (always being careful with those who struggle because of health issues).

Thank you ladies for all your comments. So I just have to be more bossy. When I get my next client I will definitely try this :)

Latest posts

Back