Still cant find work

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

charb

Reaction score
:sad:Im still looking for a role as a Nail Tech,looking for a company to provide some training and In return I will give 110%. Im in Wednesbury , West Midlands and really desperate for some experience. If anyone could kindly help then that would be amazing!!! Thank you all xxxx

If I were thinking of training you .. and investing in you ... i'd want to know more that you think you can bring to the table than that you would give 110%. I'd want to know if you were worth investing in and if you have the talent.. prove it to me.

If I were thinking of training you .. and investing in you ... i'd want to know more that you think you can bring to the table than that you would give 110%. I'd want to know if you were worth investing in and if you have the talent.. prove it to me.

Ok here goes geeg:-

I am 39 years old and have been qualified since 2004 as an NVQ 2 and 3 Beauty Therapist, and a Nail technician with an advanced diploma. I was learnt the basics at college of acrylic/fibreglass and also gel nails using IBD. In 2004 I did a Creative nails conversion course in Acrylics. From then on I was hooked on Creative (CND). After 4 years of being a self employed Nail Technician/Beauty Therapist and working at a large fitness centre I became pregnant, and subsequently left the beauty business for a few years. In September 2010 I returned to the industry and the beauty treatments have really taken a back seat, whilst nails have been at the forefront of my mind each and every day! A subscriber to Scratch magazine, and a member of Salon Geek I keep up with new trends and events in the Nail business. I have recently undertaken invaluable One to One training with my local CND educator for Shellac and Minx services. This in turn has introduced new natural nail clients to my work. In October 2010 I did an acrylic update course with CND also, which again has been extremely helpul. I am in the process of arranging One to One training for Lift prevention and rebalancing with CND as I feel this would be very helpul in growing my skills as a Nail Technician. I work with the liquid and powder system at present but I would also love to learn a new skill in gel enhancements. I watch videos such as 'The Fingernail fixer' and read books such as Nailclass amongst many,many others. I would just love the opportunity to have a mentor in someone, someone to show me new skills I can build confidence with, someone who can teach me how to custom blend enhancements to the highest standard. I will not give up until I find such an opportunity, and will keep striving to learn more and more each day.

Last edited:
Is working for yourself not an option? You have invested in yourself hugely. What is holding you back?

I do work for myself gigi, but I want more, It just doesn't seem enough......I sound greedy :/ I want to be in a salon with experienced technicians, there is so much more that I need to learn and I would love to do that but with a mentor would be fantastic. I also find it hard from home as my clients have to come through my house to get to my building that my wonderful husband built for me to work from. He does get a little annoyed at 9pm when Im bringing clients through, but then he's a man what do I expect ;)

I really feel like I'm getting nowhere at my house hence why Im looking for more. xx

Latest posts

Back