still going frosty

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

laurab71

Reaction score
Hi there everyone.
I have just finished another clients nails and the exact same thing has happened again. My ratio mix was ok and the room was an ok temp, but her hands went a bit cold. They didint seem that cold to me. I was wondering that if i stood the acrylic in some warm water would this help the situation. The edge acrylic is in a metal jar, so i am wondering if this has anything to do with it.I was wondering if i should switch to a liquid that is in a plastic container instead such as creative, as i have just baught the powders. When i do nails for people in my own home i never have these probelms, but when i go to others homes, i seem to come up with this probelm. It is getting me down because when this happens the client thinks i am not doing a good job. And i am.
Laura.x.

are you using the edge liquid with creative powders hun?i use to use the edge liquid and powders and did not have prob of frosty nails xxxx

Get yourself a desklamp ( a normal one) not halogen or fluorescent , that can generate some heat in the immediate area. When it's really cold, i get my clients to hold the lampshade for a while (make sure it's not too hot).

The product I use now will not crystalise, but the problem with products than don't crystalise is.... they can take forever to set.

Crystalisation (if you have the correct ratio) is a temperature problem.
In winter nearly everything is cold (liquid, powder,hands etc)

Thanks ladies. No, i`ve been using the same powders to liquid but i guess i just don`t feel the cold that badly, so i am thinking the temp is ok. But i will definately get one of those lamps. I never thought of that before.
Were did you get yours from, so i have an idea of what i am looking for.
Thanks,
Laura.x.

NSI do a desk lamp for around £10 ish, I got one and it's fabby for creating heat. Just dont touch the shade after it's been on a while. It gets very hot. I also use mine for setting up 3d work quicker, petals etc.

Just bear in mind that if you do gels as well, heat from a lamp will make them runnier and create problems for you running into the cuticles etc hth x

you can buy a lamp from almost anywhere, it's the bulb that's important, go to a hardware store and ask for daylight bulb , or a craft globe 60 watt.
globe.jpg

thanks ladies for the advice.
Laura.x.

thanks ladies for the advice.
Laura.x.
Just for future hun our beloved nailzoo is a gent called Carl not a lady lol :hug:

That has just made me chuckle. Sorry mr nailzoo. We do seem to forget that guys get involved aswell. Good on them.
But anyway, i have found a normal lamp in argos for 3 pounds so i am gonna get a bulb to go with it.
Thanks,
Laura.x.

I got a desk lamp with a clamp from staples for around $15 - not sure how much that is in pounds tho. It's really neat, the shade doesn't get too hot, and it has a magnifying glass.. i love it!

it really helped me to perfect my nails. hth

A wheat bag is also useful..just pop it under your towel..it doubles nicely as a cushion for the clients hands.

I've used my product for so long that I am spoiled and forget that some people, incredibly, are still battling with problems like crystalization and yellowing and having to use primer etc. when they do not have to. Nothing you can do about it apart from switching brands and then you do not need lamps or wheat bags (although this is a nice touch for the client) or heated pads to warm up your clients' handy pandies!! :)

If you already have CND powders, then you need to use CND liquid monomer with them.

Radical, Retention+ or Moxie (FAST setting, Carl).

None of these CND monomers crystalize EVER. It is a problem you will forget you ever had along with many others.

have to agree with gigi here,
i used to worry about things like this, but not since i changed to Creative (CND),
just get it on, file and away!!!

Thanks everyone. I did think about getting a wheat bag & i also was looking at lamps but i think i might just swap to the creative altogether. Had an older lady today & after yesterday, was not looking forward to doing some nails. So i got my hot water bottle ready but in the end, she wanted gel, which went like a dream. She was so pleased with the end result. She suggested i try my hand at getting a gun to apply the white or getting some other tips, so it isnt taking me so long to do things. She wasn`t telling me what to do, she just suggested i try something else as she said ` dont you get fed up with this...it must take you ages as i havnt seen it done like this before.` I agree. She seemed very caring.
I think the reason their hands are also going cold is because they are not moving, so circulation isnt getting around, so they are going cold. I am not rushing the job, it is taking me around 2-2.5 hours, which i think is ok. But i do think i am gonna swap to CND. Also, i was thinking about trying the CND natural tips that have no contact area too. But as i havent tried them before...do you have to blend them? I am just thinking of ways to make the job alittle easier & quicker. I already use half well tips anyway.
All advice will be gladly appreciated.
Laura.x.:lol:

Thanks everyone. I did think about getting a wheat bag & i also was looking at lamps but i think i might just swap to the creative altogether. Had an older lady today & after yesterday, was not looking forward to doing some nails. So i got my hot water bottle ready but in the end, she wanted gel, which went like a dream. She was so pleased with the end result. She suggested i try my hand at getting a gun to apply the white or getting some other tips, so it isnt taking me so long to do things. She wasn`t telling me what to do, she just suggested i try something else as she said ` dont you get fed up with this...it must take you ages as i havnt seen it done like this before.` I agree. She seemed very caring.
I think the reason their hands are also going cold is because they are not moving, so circulation isnt getting around, so they are going cold. I am not rushing the job, it is taking me around 2-2.5 hours, which i think is ok. But i do think i am gonna swap to CND. Also, i was thinking about trying the CND natural tips that have no contact area too. But as i havent tried them before...do you have to blend them? I am just thinking of ways to make the job alittle easier & quicker. I already use half well tips anyway.
All advice will be gladly appreciated.
Laura.x.:lol:

I would like to take the opportunity to issue a personal invitation to all of you who use OPI or NSI or EZF or any other brand of L&P or Gel to come and see my demonstrations of the 30 minute full set with no buffing durring the week of 26th-30th November in Leeds.

If you think that you may feel strange attending an event at Sweet Squared PLEASE do not. You will be so welcome because this event is as much for you as any other nail technician using any other product.

Any nail tech who uses L&P or gel can benefit by using this new method of application AND no matter what brand I was using, I would not want other technicians to get ahead by using something that I hadn't had the chance to see!!

So you are all invited to this unique FREE event to see something very exciting (in fact the first exciting thing to be introduced in years) at:

SWEET SQUARED
No 1 Clayton Wood Bank
Near MacDonalds just off the Leeds West Park Ring Road
Leeds
LS16 6QZ

NO NEED TO PHONE OR BOOK .. JUST TURN UP WITH A PAL IF YOU LIKE (PREFERABLY WEDNESDAY, THURSDAY OR FRIDAY AS MONDAY AND TUESDAY NOW LOOK LIKE BEING VERY CROWDED) AND BE ONE OF THE FIRST IN THE UK TO SEE THIS EXCITING NEW METHOD. YOU ARE ALL MOST WELCOME!!

IMO there is no reason to put up with a system that gives you crystalisation problems..theres nothing worse than slaving away to be met with a product that just flakes off when you are almost finished.
The product may be inexpensive but thats because there's hardly any R&D..you are paying for this dearly in the end.

I would like to take the opportunity to issue a personal invitation to all of you who use OPI or NSI or EZF or any other brand of L&P or Gel to come and see my demonstrations of the 30 minute full set with no buffing durring the week of 26th-30th November in Leeds.

If you think that you may feel strange attending an event at Sweet Squared PLEASE do not. You will be so welcome because this event is as much for you as any other nail technician using any other product.

Any nail tech who uses L&P or gel can benefit by using this new method of application AND no matter what brand I was using, I would not want other technicians to get ahead by using something that I hadn't had the chance to see!!

So you are all invited to this unique FREE event to see something very exciting (in fact the first exciting thing to be introduced in years) at:

SWEET SQUARED
No 1 Clayton Wood Bank
Near MacDonalds just off the Leeds West Park Ring Road
Leeds
LS16 6QZ

NO NEED TO PHONE OR BOOK .. JUST TURN UP WITH A PAL IF YOU LIKE (PREFERABLY WEDNESDAY, THURSDAY OR FRIDAY AS MONDAY AND TUESDAY NOW LOOK LIKE BEING VERY CROWDED) AND BE ONE OF THE FIRST IN THE UK TO SEE THIS EXCITING NEW METHOD. YOU ARE ALL MOST WELCOME!!
i would not feel strange going.....just cant get there....i am gutted,devasted,upset,heart broken...the list is endless!!!!!i am :green: with envy....:cry:boo hoo me !!!xxx

Latest posts

Back