still hardly no respnose

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emmalouisa

Reaction score
hi im not havin much luck wth my business , im doing a card drop this weekend about 500 but not getting any phone calls
boohoooo xx

emmalouisa said:
hi im not havin much luck wth my business , im doing a card drop this weekend about 500 but not getting any phone calls
boohoooo xx
Hi Em, patience is the key word, i know it can be frustrating and i am in the same position but eventually you will be saying how busy you are! word of mouth is also the key so try and see if you can do as many friends etc as possible and hope they can pass the word on x

Hi Emma, have you thought about having your vehicle signwritten or magnetic signs made up that are removable? that way everywhere you go people will know what you do and can approach you if they want your price list etc..also saves dropping leaflets through doors of people who will just put them straight in the bin! I once posted 500 leaflets and got one job back but was always getting approached by people in my car and got quite a few from that - even took part in a ladies day for a local group who contacted me because they saw my car which led to more work. my husband does the vehicle graphics so if you want a quote pm me with a few details and i will pass it on. hav
e a look at www.ttjdesigns.co.uk my mini is in the gallery 1 pictures (havent got it anymore) lol.
Hth X

hi thanxs i just pm d you xx

Emma - I have already done a leaflet drop (about 1000) in the last couple of weeks and have more printed off and ready to go. Here's to another 1000 pathways! I have only had a couple of reponses from the first drop but I'm hoping that people have held on to the leaflet for future reference. I know that when I get junk mail, I have a quick glance at it and anything which I think may be useful goes into a drawer and the rest binned. I hope my wee leaflets are in drawers not to be forgotten about xx

Don't forget it's school holidays and summer holiday periods at the moment - lots of people will be away and with this weather not interested in doing anything but cool down.

Don't be disheartened - it will pick up :green:

hi did you print the them yourself???

Yes - I printed them of on my home computer (Canon SmartBase MP370). It is quite slow but has been very cost-effective. I found that getting them printed or copied was a couple of hundred pounds.

hi i ve been delievering business cards from visaprint waiting for 500 of them got them for £13 do you have a copy of your leaflet i could have a peep at ???
thanxs

emmalouisa said:
hi i ve been delievering business cards from visaprint waiting for 500 of them got them for £13 do you have a copy of your leaflet i could have a peep at ???
thanxs

Hi Em, I think a leaflet would be more prominant - digitally printed A5 your looking at £40 per 1000 on average...just think of all that lovely info you can pass on

Emma - I will pm you a copy of my leaflet (I'll end up blowing up my laptop if I try to post it here). Any quotes I got for printing were about £150 plus and that was for straightforward copying. If you can get 1000 leaflets printed digitally for £40, for for it, that is a bargain.

Emma

Have you thought of putting a free ad on the web on your thompson local and on yell.com? And what about any local gyms that have a notice board and don't have a beauty salon of their own?

I've done yell.com which has resulted in one new customer so won't complain. I've just registered with Thomson.

hi yes done all that mentioned , gonna try and print some of my own leaflets up see if that will help thanxs anyway hun xx

Hi Emma, how frustrating and disappointing for you. How long have you been going? Do you have a salon or are you mobile? Have you done any special offers, this sometimes attracts the punters in.

Pop along to women's netball matches and things like that where there will be lots of gals and give them a flyer.

Good luck
Deb379

Emma - Did you get my e-mail with a copy of my leaflet attached?

yes thanxs for that its great give it another go to see if i can come up with something i e mailed u back xx

Latest posts

Back