Still in training and need advice quick!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lisa2810

Reaction score
Hi all i'm new and currently training on the foundation course with creative in glasgow (which is great). I've done 4 out of my 5 days so really only have my practical exam to do. But i have a couple of querries that i need advice on before i'm back at training.

First problem... I have a client who's been wanting me to do her nails for a few weeks but she lost the tip of her finger when she was younger. she still has a nail, however it is shorter and much wider that the rest of her nails(if that makes sense) . i don't want it to be almost double the width of the rest of her nails. how can i do this nail without making it look silly?

second thing is... I currently charge £10 for doing a full set. But i have no idea how much to charge for a re-balance. could anyone give me any ideas?

Thanks, all advice will be greatly appreciated. xx

I am not coming up with any ideas to make her nail look "normal" compared to her other ones. Her Nail bed is what it is. Maybe a french tip look will help it look a bit narrower.

What I charge is 1/2 of what the full set costs.

First problem... I have a client who's been wanting me to do her nails for a few weeks but she lost the tip of her finger when she was younger. she still has a nail, however it is shorter and much wider that the rest of her nails(if that makes sense) . i don't want it to be almost double the width of the rest of her nails. how can i do this nail without making it look silly?
If you apply an enhancement then try to make it either an almond/rounded shape, you don't want to have a square shape as this will exaggerate the width of her nail... also, try not to add too much length to it.

second thing is... I currently charge £10 for doing a full set. But i have no idea how much to charge for a re-balance. could anyone give me any ideas?
A rebalance 'can' take as long as a full set, I charge 15 euros less for a 2 week rebalance than my full set price, my 3 week rebalance is 12 euros less than a full set.
hth's

I agree with Sandi. A rebalance can take as long as a full set, or longer & is harder work. Take that into cosideration when setting your price.

Thank you's all so much for such a quick response. I'm 99% sure she'll want her nails square, but i'll explaine my reasonings for alomond/rounded shape and hopefully she'll come round.

Do you think £7 is too much for a re-balance (remember my full set it £10)?

Thanks again x :)

Do you think £7 is too much for a re-balance (remember my full set it £10)?
Not at all... remember, when you're training you need to cover your costings...
Abrasives, prep products, enhancement products, buffers, cuticle oil (etc)

Just make sure that you explain to those clients you have now that your prices WILL increase and won't be this cheap forever :wink2:

thanks,

its so difficult trying to decide what to charge. i don't wanna short change myself but equally don't wanna rob people. lol

Lisa

Latest posts

Back