Still offer wax & tint if HD trained?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

charlene1983

Reaction score
So I've booked the HD course for November.

How many HD stylists still offer clients their regular wax & tint? I have a handful of regulars who I know won't pay the £25+ and it doesn't seem fair to say that's the only option.
Do you use your old wax and tint for that so your not eating into your HD profit/products
Hope that makes sense

I still offer a wax and tint. I use my regular wax but the HD tint as its a good tint. The HD dye isn't actually that expensive.
I think it's unfair to completely deny clients the cheaper option and not everyone wants or needs a full HD treatment.

Thank you! That's a good point I'll still offer my regular tint and wax. I seen a really good post on Instagram by a HD stylist stating the difference between her HD treatment and regular treatment. The regular wax didn't include waxing the top of the eyebrow. And obviously the price and time different reflects the treatment x

My regular eyebrow wax always includes top of brow removal. I feel it's a necessary part of the service.

Regular wax should still include top of brow.
Normal wax isn't the 7 steps so takes less time but you still need to trim and shape fully.

I was taught when doing eyebrow waxes to NEVER wax the top of the eyebrow, always just underneath. Waxing the top is up to who ever does HD brows/celebrity brows etc xx

I agree with vickychicky I was also taught never to shape the top. (Even though after 10 years of waxing I do include the top) but I'm going to keep that for the HD treatments now so there is a clear difference between an eyebrow tidy and a high Definition service. Otherwise the lines are going to be blurred between the two

I agree with vickychicky I was also taught never to shape the top. (Even though after 10 years of waxing I do include the top) but I'm going to keep that for the HD treatments now so there is a clear difference between an eyebrow tidy and a high Definition service. Otherwise the lines are going to be blurred between the two
I only ever wax the tops if my client asks or if it's keeping up there HD brows when there usual can't do it xx

When I trained many years ago they told us not to wax the top but I don't see how you can leave the top of brows out now. I always do top on a normal wax or HD treatment. It's a definite necessity or you just won't get a nice clean finish. Xx

I always wax the top, whether doing a normal brow wax or an HD Brows treatment.

Pretty sure if HD brows found out anyone was using HD products to carry out treatments non HD brow related that you'd be in trouble..

I cant see the problem, as long as you're not advertising a plain wax and tint as an HD treatment it's ok, I don't do that. I also think there would be more of an issue using non HD products in the HD brows treatment, that's surely something they would have more of an issue with, and rightly so. When I carry out HD, I use only HD products and carry out the treatment EXACTLY how I was trained by them.

Pretty sure if HD brows found out anyone was using HD products to carry out treatments non HD brow related that you'd be in trouble..
In trouble for what?

I would still offer a tint and wax but I do use different tint for it just to show the difference, Also when doing a tint and wax I don't wax above the brow as I feel that your doing a HD look for the price of a wax and tint. That's your way to encourage them to have the HD brows. This is what I was told by a trainer when I did my HD course. K xx

Latest posts

Back