Still playing in search of the perfect base and top coat for manicures?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kitkat68

Reaction score
I have been using Sech Vite for years but still playing in search of the perfect base and top coat. Some of my clients manicures last forever and some only a couple of days. This is disturbing! Any suggestions? :rolleyes:

Stickey Base Coat and Super Shiney Top Coat both by Creative, finish off with a spritz of Solar Speed Spray and you're on to a winner :D

CND.
Nothing like Stickey and I research :).

I've also found I like Ridge Out as a base coat for certain clients too, so worth getting that too.

Ive tried several diff brands. Stickey, Super Shiney and solar speed spray win hands down for me and my clients. I use OPI polishes but personally am not a fan of their top or base coats.

And a good bit of scrubbing with scrubfresh before the base coat.

Hey KitKat68,
I am of course a major fan of Sticky and Super Shiny :) but you may also like to know, that as well as nail professionals loving to USE these treatments, your clients also love them and regularly vote them as top must have's in the consumer magazines.

Sticky went into the Hall of Fame last year in InStyle as Best Base Coat as it had won 3 years running. Solar Oil has won for 4 years running. It may be worth checking InStyle in Feb/March 08 to see the winners this year!! :!:

CND sticky and super shiney are my favourites for base and top coat. xx

Stickey Base Coat and Super Shiney Top Coat both by Creative, finish off with a spritz of Solar Speed Spray and you're on to a winner :D
Couldn't agree more - they retail well too:)

Mavala super base and colourfix as a top coat for me xx

CND.
Nothing like Stickey and I research :).
Me too...research is so invaluable to ourjob i think...after all we are investing in the best of the best,and we need clients to walk out the door happy:)

For me,i have used sech vite,but i find it gloopy,after a while....CND have an ingredient that doesnt do this,sorry it is a long name,toxothopic i think....LOL,so the enamel should not alter its state in any way,even after several years i am told:green:

So,i have been using stickey,then enamel followed by super shiney or air dry top coat,followed by a drop of solar oil to seal the colour,or solar speed spray,it smells divine of swwet almond,and gives such longevity,even on a french manicure.:green:hth

Me too...research is so invaluable to ourjob i think...after all we are investing in the best of the best,and we need clients to walk out the door happy:)

For me,i have used sech vite,but i find it gloopy,after a while....CND have an ingredient that doesnt do this,sorry it is a long name,toxothopic i think....LOL,so the enamel should not alter its state in any way,even after several years i am told:green:

So,i have been using stickey,then enamel followed by super shiney or air dry top coat,followed by a drop of solar oil to seal the colour,or solar speed spray,it smells divine of swwet almond,and gives such longevity,even on a french manicure.:green:hth

Thixatropic Gabi.. you were almost there :hug:. But that is correct.. and I too am a great fan of sealing with SolarOil!!

For me,i have used sech vite,but i find it gloopy,after a while....
Seche Restore Thinner is the only thinner which may be used to thin a bottle of Seche Vite; no other thinner may be used to thin Seche Vite. Seche Vite is a dry fast top coat and will thicken, which must be assumed. Seche Restore is the only way to return a bottle of Seche Vite to its original consistency. It may also be used to restore any other nail lacquer product whether one produced by Seche or any other brand. Seche Restore is the only product on the market today which will effectively restore a bottle of polish. Seche Restore will not diminish shine or dull colours and only replaces those ingredients which have evaporated from the bottle of Seche Vite or other nail lacquers. Use by adding a few drops until consistency is fully restored.

I have never used it to thin other brands, but it works swell for Seche Vite.

i agree with you sandi

Latest posts

Back