Still quiet!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ellishairbeauty

Reaction score
Is anybody else out there still quiet?

Im starting to feel frustrated and feeling maybe this summer was just a fluke as i had clients coming out my ears and was turning work away, i feel like all my hard work is slowly going out the window.

Ive just had another txt from a regular who comes for cbd every 4 weeks, she said she is going to the college from now on as shes skint.

I had a txt from a gent who comes every 10/14 days for cut to say my car has broke and i have no money so im going to have to go to the barbers thats walking distance.

Lost 2 people in a few days and ive noticed a few people had updated photos on facebook with there roots done (probably by otc products).
I cant lower my prices any more.
I have done some special offers but nobody is jumping to them.
Anybody in the same boat as me?
I feel last year i had picked up by now but i feel frustrated after the txt today, ive normally got a few wedding booked by now aswell but nothing!

Sent from my GT-N7000 using SalonGeek mobile app

I feel like txtin my lady back and saying please dont let anyone touch your hair weve spent 6 months growing a pixie cut out to a bob and texting the bloke back saying the same as weve been growing out a number 1 all over into a joey essex longer sweep ontop. :(

Yep im still quiet, thinking of a career change! X

I've been horrendously busy from mid jan, it's been awful!! I was sooo busy at Xmas I was really looking forward to having a few weeks of peace (I'm 32 weeks pregnant too) but I've been non stop. It's unheard of I'm usually quiet till mid feb x

HairBy Amanda

I was so busy at xmas too. I loved it. But ive usually got a mid jan rush where people r spending there xmas money and using the gift vouchers people have purchased off me but nope nothing!

I think im just being impatient and ive just got to wait for every1 to get back ontop of money and come back.
I drummed it into my clients that otc hair colours are awful and theyve still done it as i seen the pics. Disloyalty is disapointing. :(:(:(

Yes we're shocking at the moment if something does not change in next two weeks we will be facing closure .. Any one got any ideas quick fix ideas all help gratefully received thank you xx

I saw a part time job for 3 days a week in costa coffee today and gave a cv over. All i can think to do is work costa 3 days and my home salon 3 days. Xmas is just so expensive now, i mean ive had xmas and now no work to pay it off. I really dont want to go down the root of "abandoning" my salon and having to work somewhere else aswell but desperate times! Luckily im not on the verge of closure so i really really hope it picks up 4 us all soon xxx

Thank you fingers crossed , the stress of the closure pending over us is making it hard to see any solution clearly , I feel stuck in limbo , we had a large number of "no shows" at Christmas which meant December was a bad month ( value of appointments booked & clients not showing £1800)
Some got back in touch and re booked but about 30% was fake phone numbers so When we called there was no real person ( we think we no who's behind it) xx

I'm mobile. jan & feb have been my busiest months yet. Been doing it for a year here nearly. On average I'm getting 2 new clients a week & am struggling to fit it all in.
Maybe different areas vary etc. Keep your chin up! :)

Is there a new salon opened around you lately? We had five new salons in one year, there are now 17 in the small town I work. (What are the council upto),we were hit hard. They are now coming back. Most new salons promote with great offers, could be what's going on.

Im thinking of closing my shop now. Iys not too quiet but ive lost my drive now

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Im thinking of closing my shop now. Iys not too quiet but ive lost my drive now

Maybe you need a holiday get away from it all. Looking at your profile you do a bit off everything so must be very busy. What will you do if you were to close down? This time of year and crappy weather tends to drag you down. Go get some sun. :)

I seen an offer in a salon on friday for full head foils with a cut and a blowdry for £30 any rxtra colour is £5 per colour. I just cant compete with that. Id make nothing. So yes there is alot of offers out there that i cant compete with. Im just going to have to ride the storm out and hope for the best!

I seen an offer in a salon on friday for full head foils with a cut and a blowdry for £30 any rxtra colour is £5 per colour. I just cant compete with that. Id make nothing. So yes there is alot of offers out there that i cant compete with. Im just going to have to ride the storm out and hope for the best!

I have seen offers like this aswell and it's hard to compete ..u don't want to give away your services

It's all so frustrating .... We just had a apprentice leave , and she set up mobile .... BUT SHE NOT QUALIFIED UNTIL JUNE !!!!! This industry needs tougher rules it's getting too hard to even hold heads above water xxx

Maybe you need a holiday get away from it all. Looking at your profile you do a bit off everything so must be very busy. What will you do if you were to close down? This time of year and crappy weather tends to drag you down. Go get some sun. :)

Yes I'm very busy especially with hair. Im fed up being self employed :-(. Just wish i could have a set income. Not fused about what job i would do i would still do friends and family. Would love a holiday just cant afford one. Got 2 days off next month! Wooo lol

Is anybody else out there still quiet?

Im starting to feel frustrated and feeling maybe this summer was just a fluke as i had clients coming out my ears and was turning work away, i feel like all my hard work is slowly going out the window.

Ive just had another txt from a regular who comes for cbd every 4 weeks, she said she is going to the college from now on as shes skint.

I had a txt from a gent who comes every 10/14 days for cut to say my car has broke and i have no money so im going to have to go to the barbers thats walking distance.

Lost 2 people in a few days and ive noticed a few people had updated photos on facebook with there roots done (probably by otc products).
I cant lower my prices any more.
I have done some special offers but nobody is jumping to them.
Anybody in the same boat as me?
I feel last year i had picked up by now but i feel frustrated after the txt today, ive normally got a few wedding booked by now aswell but nothing!

Hey, have you tried advertising in gyms, independent clothes shops, bridal shops etc. Maybe offer the ladies you hand the cards to a discounted service to say Thankyou for having your cards there? Have you been to any hotels with your cards (makes sure they don't have any spas or salons already at the hotel) maybe go and try and get your name out there a bit more. It only takes one girl to shout about you and then her friends come etc like a domino affect! If you are losing clients because they can afford it maybe try attracting clients from more affluent areas? Also put as many before and after pics on face book, blow your own trumpet a bit!! Hope this helps xxxxx

I can't begin to imagine what kind of service people are going to get for that price!?

That's ridiculous, surely they can't even cover overheads like stock & wages for that? Your looking at at least 3 hours for all that work so on min. Wage £xxxxxxx depending on age, products - tint, peroxide, foils, etc, £xxxxxx depending on products used. doesn't leave any room for profit. It must be with a junior or really cheap products! Your right you can't compete with that but I Would rather not do it then do it that cheap!

Sent from my iPad using SalonGeek mobile app

Last edited by a moderator:
A lot of salons be it beauty or hair are not so much interested in profit at this time. Keeping the bills paid and staff wages covered are paramount hence the price drops that you are seeing. It just about covers overheads etc. In these instances to most some money is better than no money. For some, times are hard.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back