Still struggling...

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cec

Reaction score
Nah, what a week....

I have done nails for 8,5 years and I do feel confident. Not "over confident", I have always something to learn, but enough confident to be proud of my work and to say I am good in what I am doing.

I have not taken new clients for 3 years, only reballances for me lately. The last weeks I have taken some new clients because they have been clients before, with a former tech who worked at my salon. BOY do I struggle with those new clients!!! Some days ago I used 2 Hours and 30 min. for a new set p/w and today I used 2.15 hours.... I am also struggling with the time for reballances the last weeks... Do any of you, who has done this for years, also have "slow" weeks or is it something wrong with me????:eek: Any advice on how to turn this "bad carma" (I hope it's only "bad carma", please let it be... :))

Tomorrow I will try to do some of my own nails, just to see if that can help me over this....

C.

hello!
I have only been doing nails for a few months and I am really struggling to get my time down from 2 and a 1/2 hours. I thought this was a real problem until I read someone say on here.....it's not about the time, it's about how good your nails look and times will get faster.
I still worry about my times and I hope I will pick up speed and be able to drop that 1/2 hour soon!
Be interesting to see the replies you get.
Hope you don't mind me jumping on for the ride!!

Hi Cec

You have so much experience and say so many sensible things (with your lovely 'accent'!) that I don't think it is anything you are doing wrong!

Could it be that you are 'trying too hard'? No new clients for 3 years!! Fantastic!! You are out of practice in impressing a client! Relax and do exactly what you've been doing for all those years. Your new clients are lucky to be able to come back to you.

hello!
I have only been doing nails for a few months and I am really struggling to get my time down from 2 and a 1/2 hours. I thought this was a real problem until I read someone say on here.....it's not about the time, it's about how good your nails look and times will get faster.
I still worry about my times and I hope I will pick up speed and be able to drop that 1/2 hour soon!
Be interesting to see the replies you get.
Hope you don't mind me jumping on for the ride!!

No, not at all! The problem for me, is that I am used to use 1,5 to 2 hours for new sets p/w and now I just don't understand what's wrong.

I still believe it's more important to do good nails than to "drop that 1/2 hour". I will rather use 2,5 hours and be proud of my work, than to use 1,5 hours and deliver nails I can't be proud of. I just feel it's strange that I suddenly begin to use more time for everything and it really "winds me up" because I still have the same, old, intervalls between the clients... :confused::)

C.

aw a think you need a hug :hug: xxxx I'm struggling with time a little posted a thread the other day, I think the best thing you can do is try and relax, and just focus. Sometimes I find myself chatting away and not apllying product/filling etc lol

xx

Hi Cec

You have so much experience and say so many sensible things (with your lovely 'accent'!) that I don't think it is anything you are doing wrong!

Could it be that you are 'trying too hard'? No new clients for 3 years!! Fantastic!! You are out of practice in impressing a client! Relax and do exactly what you've been doing for all those years. Your new clients are lucky to be able to come back to you.

THANK YOU, THANK YOU! That was what I needed to hear! :hug::hug::hug: (Not about my accent. :) Haha, you should hear me SPEAKING English! :lol::lol::lol:)

I discussed it with my husband, on the way home today. And I think I may know the problem... I am not used to have new clients and I struggle to be kind of social. Although I know I never stop working while working, I think I may be slow because I have to be mentally different from what I am used to. I have to get to know new people while working, to impress them with my work etc... It may affect all my work, not only the new clients. I am just very lucky it's only my time that has dropped, not my work. I just pray this "time-thing" will get over soon, as it really stress me because I am "working behind" (nah... was that right??? :)) all day.

Can anybody take a "get-away-bad-carma-dance" for me??? :lol::lol::lol:

:hug:C

aw a think you need a hug :hug: xxxx I'm struggling with time a little posted a thread the other day, I think the best thing you can do is try and relax, and just focus. Sometimes I find myself chatting away and not apllying product/filling etc lol

xx

OH, thank you!:hug::hug::hug:

Yes, I know I should relax, but you know how it is... The harder you try... etc... :) Let's see how it will go tomorrow... :)

:hug:Cec.

OH, thank you!:hug::hug::hug:

Yes, I know I should relax, but you know how it is... The harder you try... etc... :) Let's see how it will go tomorrow... :)

:hug:Cec.

Well good luck for tomorrow I'll be thinkg of you xx:hug:

THANK YOU, THANK YOU! That was what I needed to hear! :hug::hug::hug: (Not about my accent. :) Haha, you should hear me SPEAKING English! :lol::lol::lol:)

I discussed it with my husband, on the way home today. And I think I may know the problem... I am not used to have new clients and I struggle to be kind of social. Although I know I never stop working while working, I think I may be slow because I have to be mentally different from what I am used to. I have to get to know new people while working, to impress them with my work etc... It may affect all my work, not only the new clients. I am just very lucky it's only my time that has dropped, not my work. I just pray this "time-thing" will get over soon, as it really stress me because I am "working behind" (nah... was that right??? :)) all day.

I think you are probably talking more to the new clients, I've always found that with new clients I tend to look at them more and that really slows me down. But when its a regular client you talk to their hands, because you know they won't think you are rude:lol:

I think you are probably talking more to the new clients, I've always found that with new clients I tend to look at them more and that really slows me down. But when its a regular client you talk to their hands, because you know they won't think you are rude:lol:

I was thinking the same, but how come I have been slow with my regulars too??? Grrr... :)

Hihi, did I see you take some small steps??? :)

C

Is there any chance that you might be pregnant?

Hi Cecile, I'm not nearly as experienced as you hun and don't have 8 years of nails behind me, but I think you may have hit the nail on the head here (no pun intended, lol). You are obviously extremely proud of your work and have been blessed with the same loyal clients for many years. When a few new clients come along, you want to do an excellent job and work so hard at it that you are less relaxed. Does this make sense?

I have always struggled with my timing. Even when I was nursing, I was always the last to finish with my patients before settling them and going off duty ................ because I wanted everything to be perfect. Anything less than perfection, was not good enough for me. I still do this with nails and don't nearly attain perfection. I know I need to relax more. :hug:

Hi Cecile, I'm not nearly as experienced as you hun and don't have 8 years of nails behind me, but I think you may have hit the nail on the head here (no pun intended, lol). You are obviously extremely proud of your work and have been blessed with the same loyal clients for many years. When a few new clients come along, you want to do an excellent job and work so hard at it that you are less relaxed. Does this make sense?

I have always struggled with my timing. Even when I was nursing, I was always the last to finish with my patients before settling them and going off duty ................ because I wanted everything to be perfect. Anything less than perfection, was not good enough for me. I still do this with nails and don't nearly attain perfection. I know I need to relax more. :hug:

Yes, I think we are the same! :)

Anyway, today, things went much better! (Maybe because I had planed to take half the day off and only had 2 clients... :)) In the weekend I will do one or two of my own nails. I have found that often helps me increasing my speed. Don't know why, maybe because it gives me confident??? Not sure...

Latest posts

Back