Stingy Family Members!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tsia

Reaction score
As some of you know, I have just come back from a week in Lanzarote...

Well, on the flight out, me and my 23 year old sister paid £1.25 each to go halves on those headphone things that they pass round.
On the way back, my sister didnt want to listen to any music or watch any film they would play. She said she was so tired that she was going to sleep all the way.
Anyway, after learning that I wanted to watch the film, she said that she wasnt handing over them until I gave her back the £1.25 that she paid!!
Usually I wouldnt have been that bothered but at the other end we were being picked up by MY BOYFRIEND in MY CAR on MY PETROL... and when I asked her to contribute, she point blank refused!! I was so annoyed, I nearly left her there at the airport!

Was is it with stingy family members?? Or is it just me? :rolleyes:

No i have family members the same.. My sister charged my husband £150 to have the kids for the weekend so we could go away !!!!

Bleeding Crikey! £150 for the weekend only?
It would have been cheaper to hire an Aupair! LOL:eek:

PMSL.........

I don't think it's you at all,my sister is exactly the same if not worse,to the point where i have been in tears before now through sheer frustration,

Take no notice hun x

I totally agree with you there, thats a little out of order! How was it left? My sister in law is stingy and it annoys me. For Easter we got nothing off her and I am not normally bothered but she asked me and my husband to get her an easter egg etc! She is normally like that and her money is hers she is quick enough to ask people for things. My husband and I bought her a Swaovski watch for xmas and she got me a measly magazine. Can you imagine how upset I was?

HappyHands said:
No i have family members the same.. My sister charged my husband £150 to have the kids for the weekend so we could go away !!!!

bloody hell, are your kids that bad? lol!

elfprincessem said:

LOL :smack:

I remember another time when we were all at my das and we all decided to go down the chippy. My Aunty was going, took all the orders, and monies and got round to my sis and she said no, she didnt want anything.

Anyway, when we were all tucking in she was asking each one of us if we could spare a chip or two... pretending she was fancying it now she could smell it.
By the end of having a little off everyone, she had quarter of a sausage, loads of chips and a bit of someones chicken breast!
A whole meal without paying a penny!!
Maybe stingy is the wrong word... morelike too clever.

Pmsl :lol: :lol: :lol:

princesslilyxx said:
I totally agree with you there, thats a little out of order! How was it left? My sister in law is stingy and it annoys me. For Easter we got nothing off her and I am not normally bothered but she asked me and my husband to get her an easter egg etc! She is normally like that and her money is hers she is quick enough to ask people for things. My husband and I bought her a Swaovski watch for xmas and she got me a measly magazine. Can you imagine how upset I was?

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Yea I think ur right there about your sister being clever. I think that is wrong. Me and my husband went out with his family for Mothers Day meal, we agreed that me and my husband, his sister and brother would all split the bill for a treat for the mum! Anyway when it came to it my sister in law would not end up paying at all!! She would make an excuse and her mum would always defend her!

Or even so she would ask me to go out for lunch saying she would treat me then she happens just to leave her purse at home!! Who ends up paying for the bill??? I DO!

My husband family always goes on that my husband is the stingy one when in fact its the sister and they all can't see it and it makes me so angry!!

OMG!!! thats so out of order!!:rolleyes:

Maybe you should pull the same trick one day, then again, you may end up doing the dishes!! :lol:

Oh I can go on forever! But I do feel for you! :hug: Some poeple say that Jewish people can be stingy with their money but didnt realise this till I met my sister in law! :cry:

elfprincessem said:
cheeky sod !!!!! the sun shines out of my kids nice sweet smelling butts.... not..... they arn,t that bad. What annoyed me the most was it was her turn to have her kids so its not as if she was working that weekend and was going to lose money.... she asked £50 for food and going out, when i spoke to my kids after and asked where they had gone, they told me they stayed in all weekend and for dinner all they had was chicken nuggets and noodles, (then they said the nuggets were the cheep crap ones) I hassen to add i have NO contact with my sister and her ex husband brings the kids around when he has them at weekends.... FAMILY....... AT LEAST YOU CAN CHOSE YOUR GEEKS

HappyHands said:

OMG!!! That is just awful but sooo funny at the same time. You must have been well peeved. I would have been.

My ssiter is just as tight bit not with cash. When she was moving into her new place I did all I could to help her. She is not very domesticated and so I helped her clean the skanky place from top to bottom in my pregnant state. When I moved in to my place my mum asked her if she was going to help me and she said no!!! Point blank. Even when it was Cam's Birthday she didn't even want to stay the whole day because she had promised her friend they would go out! God forbid she would let her friend down.:rolleyes:

Tsia said:
As some of you know, I have just come back from a week in Lanzarote...

Well, on the flight out, me and my 23 year old sister paid £1.25 each to go halves on those headphone things that they pass round.
On the way back, my sister didnt want to listen to any music or watch any film they would play. She said she was so tired that she was going to sleep all the way.
Anyway, after learning that I wanted to watch the film, she said that she wasnt handing over them until I gave her back the £1.25 that she paid!!
Usually I wouldnt have been that bothered but at the other end we were being picked up by MY BOYFRIEND in MY CAR on MY PETROL... and when I asked her to contribute, she point blank refused!! I was so annoyed, I nearly left her there at the airport!

Was is it with stingy family members?? Or is it just me? :rolleyes:

Hey i think its just in the blood i gave my bro and his wife spray tan last wk end no money for it.The nxt day we went to a christening i was drinking bacardi which my mum had snuck in tut tut the bottle cost 15.00 which they had gone halves on,anyway she pipped up are you putting your cut in to me................. oh after spraying the whole family for free what a cheek!!!! my mum said no lisa dosnt have to pay she did our tans(did me mum as well)ooohhh i was angry but hey learnt a lesson

princesslilyxx said:
My husband and I bought her a Swaovski watch for xmas and she got me a measly magazine. Can you imagine how upset I was?

ROTFL!!!:)

This thread is sooo funny...

hey we can pick our friends but not our family !

My sister is even worse, she lives in South Africa and every time I go to see her she expects me to pay. she thinks it is only fare because I my pounds is more than her Rands.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back