Stink out or No more stink

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

arhnails

Reaction score
Has anyone used this product? You place it in the monomer and it masks the smell of monomer?

Also what about the liquid tip blender.
I did a search for both, couldn't find specific information.
thanks all!!!

Sorry havnt even heard of it let alone try it who makes this product

hi
it may not apply to all systems, but the reason that creative don't recommend the use of products that r put into the monomer to either, speed up set/reduce smell etc, is that is will cause service breakdown. ie there will b possible problems with cracking/lifting etc.
monomer is formulated to do a job.ie join up with polymer molecules to make a solid that we call nails!
there r reccomendations on how to keep the smell down while you r working
1. replace the lid on your monomer & dappen dish as soon as u finish with it.
2. do not wipe your brush excessively on your paper towel .
3. discard any tissue with monomer on it very frequently into a metal bin with a lid.
4. change the bin liner at least once (twice if v.busy) a day.
work smart, & you will notice a considerable difference in the strength of the smell.
also, you must source a suitable extraction system to eliminate the dust in your breathing zone. this will reduce the smell down to almost nothing.
make sure that u understand that the dust in your envoirment in much more harmful to you than the small amount of monomer vapours that will b present in your salon.
liza xx

I haven't used them yet. The stink out is sold by nailite.com It claims that it doesn't interfere with the monomer. One of the owners of the shool I attend came into class today and someone was using a non-odorless product. She thought it was the primer causing the odor. No one wanted to get the instructor in trouble and so did not let on, what the odor was from. So I mentioned the stink out product and now (the owner) wants me to order some for the school.

I truly wish I were getting training by creative, it seems to be the best.
As far as caring about the natural nail, the client and the tech.
But this board is the next best thing.

Thanks all.

hi
your time will come, in my experience, it sometimes takes a little while to get with the best system for you.
whatever system you're using, ask them some questions.
find out who the distributor is & plague them with questions that they should b able to answer.
someone somewhere has made these products that u r using, & they should b able to give you sensible educated reasons as to why u can or cannot use these odour out products.
get doug schoon's book & get clever!
you will mayb come to some conclusions of your own.
good luck, & keep reading this site
liza xx

I wouldn't personally use anything extra with any of my products. If its not taught to begin with, then it probably shouldn't be there. Also i would stay away from "line out" as well. This basically is a liquid that seeps under thr slightly lifted product which you can't sanitise at all, so you could be sealing all sorts of germs under the nail you are infilling. This will cause problems later on and possibly make the client develop the dreaded " greenie" under her nail, which is caused by poor sanitisation.

Hope this helps.

Latest posts

Back