Stomach Wax

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tonimaxwill

Reaction score
Hi I have a friend who would like the hair on her stomach removed, she has considered having it removed permanently but is not in a position to do this at the moment. Anyway my question is should she just leave it as to me its quite fair and light (though thicker than elsewhere) or is ok to have it waxed in the meantime.

Annie x

If it is quite difficult to remove fair hair with IPL or laser so tell her not to get her hopes up

Smooth - I think Annie means her friend is not financially able to do the removal with laser etc at the moment x:hug:x

Annie - Yes its fine to remove the hair with wax, I have a few ladies who like their backs & stomachs waxed (especially the small of the back), she obviously doesnt like it or is self-concious of the hair so I would wax it for her. x:hug:x

Smooth - I think Annie means her friend is not financially able to do the removal with laser etc at the moment x:hug:x

Yes I gathered that but my point was that ipl or laser is not great at removing fine/fair coloured hair.

Thank you both, hadn't thought about permanent hair removal not working (I will mention this to her).

I was just worried that with it never being waxed before if its better off being left but as you say Emma if it bothers her she will obviously feel better with it gone.

Thanks again girls.

Annie x

It's very easy and quick to wax a full stomach. However, if the hair is quite fine anyway, I would bleach it as once she waxes, she'll have to keep it up. x

One of my clients has a very hairy abdomen and she was having a moan about it to me. She had it waxed once and they only did a small section of it and it made the area above her navel really noticeable. I was thinking well where would you stop, she is seriously that hairy. I've mentioned to her about IPL but her hair is dark so would work a lot better than a client with fair hair. There is a lotion that you can put on light hair to try to make IPL more effective but to be honest it doesn't work.

One of my clients has a very hairy abdomen and she was having a moan about it to me. She had it waxed once and they only did a small section of it and it made the area above her navel really noticeable. I was thinking well where would you stop, she is seriously that hairy. I've mentioned to her about IPL but her hair is dark so would work a lot better than a client with fair hair. There is a lotion that you can put on light hair to try to make IPL more effective but to be honest it doesn't work.

Here's what you do to hide that problem. You wax the part you want to wax as normal. Then you dip the tip of your spatula in the strip wax and dab it unevenly on the surrounding area to blur the edges. Make sure it's uneve or they'll end up looking like a leapard. Remove with a strip and Voila! You no longer have an obvious bald patch......it's all blended in .

Here's what you do to hide that problem. You wax the part you want to wax as normal. Then you dip the tip of your spatula in the strip wax and dab it unevenly on the surrounding area to blur the edges. Make sure it's uneve or they'll end up looking like a leapard. Remove with a strip and Voila! You no longer have an obvious bald patch......it's all blended in .

that is a good tip to everyone who waxes, this client could pass for the abdomen of a man though. If anyone else has clients like that would that work for them too? I don't wax, just IPL it all.

It's very easy and quick to wax a full stomach. However, if the hair is quite fine anyway, I would bleach it as once she waxes, she'll have to keep it up. x

Thanks Kim, this is what I have been thinking about that once you start you need to keep going. I will need to have a good look and chat with her. I wonder sometimes if I talk myself out of a job :lol:.

Thank you everyone for your replies :hug:
Annie x

Yes I gathered that but my point was that ipl or laser is not great at removing fine/fair coloured hair.
Ok, if that was your point, sorry but I didnt get that from reading your first reply.
"If it is quite difficult to remove fair hair with IPL or laser so tell her not to get her hopes up"

This is what I do too Kim, it works a treat x:hug:x

Ok, if that was your point, sorry but I didnt get that from reading your first reply.

This is what I do too Kim, it works a treat x:hug:x

That's because we are both hair obsessed Emma:) :hug: We need to get out more. xx

Latest posts

Back