Stone Therapy

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hope

Reaction score
I am looking into learning some new things this year, I have had a prospectus through from college and the Stone therapy really appeals to me. It is a 12 week course, 3 hours 1 evening a week. I have also started to look into a course with La Stone.

I was hoping for some feedback from any geeks who have trained in Stone Therapy, what sort of course did you do, were you happy with it etc..

Thanks all xx

i haven't trained in it but just wanted to say this is such fab treatment i have my back done regularly with the hot stones and i always feel great after..sarah our beautician has alot of clients that are really into it so good luck xxx

I did the hot stone 1 day course at Ellisons.

La stone is far superior, I would recommend you go with that.

I spotted the stone therapy, and saw the course, but think I'd best stick to training in nails first.:lol:, But was talking to my sister in law bout them (she couldn't see what benefit they'd have) but did suggest going and having the treatment so at least you know what the benefits are and can sell it as a service, especially if you enjoy it. So thats going on my birthday list "stone therapy". Knowing my luck, I'll be taken down the end of the garden and people will throw stones at me!!!!:)

Rach if i were you i'd do a little questionaire for your clients listing a few courses you might take and asking them to choose which they are most likely to have.

Obviously i know you would advertise this,but what i'd say is if no one at all wants it,you might be better off doing an alternative iykwim. Supply and demand ?!?!?!

:hug:

i haven't trained in it but just wanted to say this is such fab treatment i have my back done regularly with the hot stones and i always feel great after..sarah our beautician has alot of clients that are really into it so good luck xxx

Thanks Kirsty

I did the hot stone 1 day course at Ellisons.

La stone is far superior, I would recommend you go with that.

I thought that might be the case, thanks x

I spotted the stone therapy, and saw the course, but think I'd best stick to training in nails first.:lol:, But was talking to my sister in law bout them (she couldn't see what benefit they'd have) but did suggest going and having the treatment so at least you know what the benefits are and can sell it as a service, especially if you enjoy it. So thats going on my birthday list "stone therapy". Knowing my luck, I'll be taken down the end of the garden and people will throw stones at me!!!!:)

I hope you get a treatment for your birthday, let us know if you do and what you thought of it x

Rach if i were you i'd do a little questionaire for your clients listing a few courses you might take and asking them to choose which they are most likely to have.

Obviously i know you would advertise this,but what i'd say is if no one at all wants it,you might be better off doing an alternative iykwim. Supply and demand ?!?!?!

:hug:

I have done that already Becki and the Stone therapy is appealing to lots of them along with facials. Good idea though Honey, thanks xx

Hi Rachel, I did a one day course in this a couple of years ago and I felt one day was not enough. I found it really complicated, and I was terrified that I would scald a client by splashing water from the heater, also I found the stones too hot to hold and although I am 'aware' of chakras I felt that was a whole other subject I would need to learn. I also felt the treatment didn't flow very nicely due to having to break contact with the client so often.

Two years on, I decided to give it another go, and I am attending a 6 week (3 hrs pw) course. I still find it complicated BUT I now understand that the stones shouldn't be too hot to hold, ok you may need to flip them over in your hands and maybe pop them down and pick them up again, but I am sure the heater was way too hot when I did the course two years ago.

I am also more accepting now of the loss of contact with the client, although I think this may be because in the meantime I have trained in Ellisons Priadara Thai Style massage which involves switching compresses in and out of the heater thoughout the treatment.

With regard to the chakras, I think this part of the treatnent you can take it or leave it. I don't necessarily think an understanding of the chakras is vital to the treatment.

At the moment I am trying to learn / improve by breaking the treatment down and practising small segments of it, rather than trying to do the whole thing, so for instance, when I have a facial client I get them to lie on the stones then place stones on top of them, and I have used stones for tucking around the body, and I also feel happy doing just the back.

If I could afford the time away from home I would probably train with La Stone or Jing. Axiom has trained with Jing (they're in Brighton) you could drop him a pm for his opinion... they do a 2x 3 day course, or an intensive 4 day course. It's hard being away from home though when you've got a little one :hug:

Latest posts

Back