Stop the straightening

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jan underwood

Reaction score
Hi geeks , I have a couple of clients that think there hair needs strainghting every day with with straighteners , and then wondering why there colour is fading and hair is dry and not growing ! They seem to think spraying heat defence is ok when doing it everyday , so so have gone over with them all the usual chat turn you water temp down , try not to wash your hair every day it doesn’t need it , blot hair hair to 60% before you pick up the dryer and brushes, and please stop with the straighteners , I se olaplex when doing their roots but any surgestions of treatments or shampoos or mask I can suggest they can use at home would be great please thankyou

Hi geeks , I have a couple of clients that think there hair needs strainghting every day with with straighteners , and then wondering why there colour is fading and hair is dry and not growing ! They seem to think spraying heat defence is ok when doing it everyday , so so have gone over with them all the usual chat turn you water temp down , try not to wash your hair every day it doesn’t need it , blot hair hair to 60% before you pick up the dryer and brushes, and please stop with the straighteners , I se olaplex when doing their roots but any surgestions of treatments or shampoos or mask I can suggest they can use at home would be great please thankyou
So for my clients who feel the need to straighten all the time I retail them Kitoko super sleek cream which resists humidity and keeps the hair straight for up to 48 hours it makes it much easier to blowdry the hair straight too.
If they don't have unruly or particularly curly hair then wow dream coat is great for resisting humidity so will stop the need for constant smoothing/ straightening.

Another conversation I have with them is to reduce the temp on the straighteners! So many clients use them on full which is generally 210C or higher.
The only way I seem to get through to my clients that this is too hot, is to compare it to cooking food.
So we generally roast a chicken at 180C , we cook fish at around 200C so why do we feel the need to use that amount of heat or higher on our hair? And when we do just imagine what it does to our hair.

Latest posts

Back