stopping cold calls

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emmalouisa

Reaction score
hi the only response im getting from advertising is cold calls is there anyway i can stop this????

thanxs will do that now xx

Hi Emma

I get cold calls all the time, they're a real pain.
When I'm feeling brave or peed off I sometimes say something like -
"I am so sorry but what you have to sell does not interest me. However, I do have a free appointment for a manicure this afternoon if you are interested"
Cuts them dead! All of course in my best 'salon' voice.

Give it a try - it cheers you up!!

janeburrows said:
Hi Emma

I get cold calls all the time, they're a real pain.
When I'm feeling brave or peed off I sometimes say something like -
"I am so sorry but what you have to sell does not interest me. However, I do have a free appointment for a manicure this afternoon if you are interested"
Cuts them dead! All of course in my best 'salon' voice.

Give it a try - it cheers you up!!

Ooooh, i really like that one - will give it a try :)

good one jane ill try that tomorrow lol:D

I'm really mean when I answer a 'cold call' at my mum's house. You see the telephone is still under my grandmothers surname and of course they ask 'is that Mrs Walters?' when they phone......... I tell them, in a rather shaky voice, that Mrs Walters has died, (I'm telling the truth, just not telling them it was years ago) and it stops them dead in their tracks, hasty apologies and they've gone! Works wonders!! :twisted:

JackieMc said:
I'm really mean when I answer a 'cold call' at my mum's house. You see the telephone is still under my grandmothers surname and of course they ask 'is that Mrs Walters?' when they phone......... I tell them, in a rather shaky voice, that Mrs Walters has died, (I'm telling the truth, just not telling them it was years ago) and it stops them dead in their tracks, hasty apologies and they've gone! Works wonders!! :twisted:
Hey Jackie, that one reminded me of what my mother does. They generally ask her if my father is there and she says "no i'm sorry he left me for another woman". You've no idea how quickly they get off the phone!! Me poor dad wouldnt know what to do with another woman after 50 years, lol!!!!!!

I have the telephone preference service but some calls still get through. I tell them that they must take me off their 'list' immediately (maybe in not such a polite way after they have called 3 times in the last hour)!!!

i too have gone on the tps , and its ace i hardly get any now just the occasional one, i would recommend it :D

but if you want to be awful to em when they phone, my mates boyfriend does this , answers, tells em someone is at the door and to hold on for 2 seconds and then goes and watches telly really loud :twisted: ,

dee said:
my mates boyfriend does this , answers, tells em someone is at the door and to hold on for 2 seconds and then goes and watches telly really loud :twisted: ,

I love that one - I think I'll change my method to that!

Carole - your poor dad! I know what you mean though - I sent my mum a 'rude' funny pic the other day (use your imagination) and she told me it took her about 5 minutes to recognise what it was!!!! :lol:

I get calls from Conservatory companies all the time, I let them go all the way through their spiel and even so far as making an appointment sometimes and then I say...'would i need planning permission for a conservatory on a second floor flat?' They usually hang up then. he he

would i need planning permision for a second floor flat !!! :D ,that is ace i couldnt be that quick

BeachBabe said:
I get calls from Conservatory companies all the time, I let them go all the way through their spiel and even so far as making an appointment sometimes and then I say...'would i need planning permission for a conservatory on a second floor flat?' They usually hang up then. he he
Oh dear... you guys make me laugh!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Beach Babe - your story reminded me of something my Grandad did a few months back. He had the usual double-glazing-with-new-doors-and-conservatory-fantastic-special-offer-package-deal phone call :rolleyes: and, after 30 minutes + of talking to her, the agent got to the "so we'll just need to arrange an appointment to view the property and...etc etc" bit :rolleyes: , when he said, "that'll be lovely dear... if you'd like to ring the council I'm sure they'll make all the necessary arrangements with you and see if they're happy to pay the price you quote... would you like me to get their number for you, I'm sure I've got it here somewhere with my rent book...?!" :evil: . Wicked old bugger - I couldn't help feeling sorry for the poor lass on the phone, as much as his story made me laugh!! :lol:

The TPS are excellent, but if any do get through i just say " hold on i'll get the manger for you" and just put the phone on the side and get on with what i was doing. Its funny when you hear them slam the phone down their end as don't want to wait anymore.

Latest posts

Back