stopping smoking

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Best advice i ever took was to remember that you cant ever just have one cigarette... ever.It is like an alcoholic with a drink and thats why i failed a few times before i gave up completely.
If i hadnt smoked for a few weeks and i was out i would just have the one socially ,but that would be it i would be off again. When i realised i couldnt do this, thats when i was able to quit completely.

so far so good today - NOT ONE CIGGIE has come near me, and i havent really missed it.

my sister and her partner and my mum are all champix too - sis is still smoking tho, as is her partner and my mum -

what i have found tho is how much i notice the STENCH of fag smoke - i went into my old pc room, and boy it stinks - im now in the process of re-decorating it :lol:

waw thanks geeks!!!!!....will go to docs or stop smoking group are the tablets orange? might have read about these in paper!!....good luck to everyone who trys xx

if you go to the group - tell them youve tried the patches etc and you will get the champix - if you tell them you havent tried anything yet, they give you patches or zyban etc, and wont give you the champix.

day 1 -7 are white (0.5mg each)
days 8 - 15 are blue (1mg each)

you take only one tablet per day for the first 3 days i think then 2 tablets a day (one in morning and one in the evening)

so far so good today - NOT ONE CIGGIE has come near me, and i havent really missed it.

my sister and her partner and my mum are all champix too - sis is still smoking tho, as is her partner and my mum -

what i have found tho is how much i notice the STENCH of fag smoke - i went into my old pc room, and boy it stinks - im now in the process of re-decorating it :lol:

:) You seem to be doing really well, like I said I am on champix when I come back of hols, and you are giving me a really positive attitude to it, keep it up:)

I asked my doc about this the other week and he said I can have it when I'm ready, times not good at the minute though, will definately be trying it when things calm down here.

I want some!!!!!

(champix that is)

I have done the patch... nasty side effects :irked:
Zyban turned me into a crazy screaming maniac (which is an odd result for an anti-depressant.. I screamed at my kids:cry:)
Gum... made me throw-up.

I will try anything!

Hi Geeklings

Good luck to you all that are trying to quit the habbit - I keep thinking about it, but the time never seems right - or is that just me putting it off? I can't make up my mind whether to try the Hypnosis or not - my brother and sister-in law both went for the hypnosis about 18 months ago, which then in turn led to all of their friends doing it as well, and since then, none of them seem to have started again. They went to a smoking clinic near where we live and they offer a free top up service if you are tempted within a few months of stopping. I quite like the idea of going in a smoker and coming out a non smoker within an hour. I do know for a fact that they don't lecture you about the donwsides of smoking - they get straight into your mind and your sorted!!!

My mother in law had hypnosis a few years ago, but I think she probably just got mugged as she was basically given a lecture for an hour - what did she do as soon as she came out the door - had a fag - mind you they probably had a job to find her brain!

Hi Geeklings

Good luck to you all that are trying to quit the habbit - I keep thinking about it, but the time never seems right - or is that just me putting it off? I can't make up my mind whether to try the Hypnosis or not - my brother and sister-in law both went for the hypnosis about 18 months ago, which then in turn led to all of their friends doing it as well, and since then, none of them seem to have started again. They went to a smoking clinic near where we live and they offer a free top up service if you are tempted within a few months of stopping. I quite like the idea of going in a smoker and coming out a non smoker within an hour. I do know for a fact that they don't lecture you about the donwsides of smoking - they get straight into your mind and your sorted!!!

My mother in law had hypnosis a few years ago, but I think she probably just got mugged as she was basically given a lecture for an hour - what did she do as soon as she came out the door - had a fag - mind you they probably had a job to find her brain!

When I first asked about champix they said you have to want to give up, that's why I am waiting till I come off hols, nothing nicer than enjoying the hols with drinks and a ciggy.

I worked with an hypnotherapist and she had funding to offer the service to certain people. She had a high success rate, and usually 1 treatment would do it, but she offered a 2nd to boost the success ratio up.

She gave my husband a free session and he said that it did help. He also bought the Alan Carr book and dips into that too.

I know he smokes when he goes to the pub, but at least he doesn't smoke 20 a day like he used to.

I now offer auricular acupuncture (detox protocol) which helps with withdrawal from drugs, alcohol, smoking, slimming, addictive traits. This is used in prisons and drug/alcohol abuse centres that are government funded, like NECCA, LIFELINE. the acupuncture helps deal with the FEELINGS that go with withdrawal, like grief, overthinking/worrying/obsessing and releases endorphins, the natural happy hormones.

Why not seek out someone that offers auricular acupucuncture, after the needles are removed you are given press magnets on the acupuncture points and can stimulate them to boost your endorphins. these usually stay on for a week before naturally falling off.

Well done G :hug:
Just looked at Champix (varenicline) about Champix hadnt heard of it until now but I cant have it because of my illness :mad:

2 days now and NO ciggies - im well pleased with myself - the house is starting to smell abit better too, tho i am helping it along by decorating - dont know how i DIDNT smell that stench before - now i understand where non-smokers come from -

hey - im a non-smoker :lol: apperently your not classed as a non smoker until youve been packed in for 3 weeks - whether thats true or not ive no idea

Congratulations Peter Pan. You are doing so well.
My mom smoked when I was a child and now she and our family CANNOT stand the smell of smoke - I think it's like you almost become allergic once you stop.
Take it all the way!:hug:

I think if you can get through christmas then you can give yourself a huge pat on the back.Think to yourself you are doing this as your christmas present to yourself and not think ooh its christmas i will have one or two as a treat.As you said you are now a non smoker and as i said you can never ever afford to have just one.Do not treat yourself on new years or whenever because its not a treat it will be undoing all your hard work the treat is to remain cigarette free and be free from addiction.

2 days now and NO ciggies - im well pleased with myself - the house is starting to smell abit better too, tho i am helping it along by decorating - dont know how i DIDNT smell that stench before - now i understand where non-smokers come from -

hey - im a non-smoker :lol: apperently your not classed as a non smoker until youve been packed in for 3 weeks - whether thats true or not ive no idea
You know what Glynis? I think you're the biz! Dead proud of you dude , keep it up, 'cause I'm gonna need some help from you when I go for it myself!!!

Big hugs, mate!:hug::hug::hug:

Well done Glynnis, you've already overcome the hardest part - and that's making the decision to stop & starting the routine.
You will soon notice how people stink too:lol:! When your in shops & the supermarket, people will walk past you and boy, do they honk!! I look at some women & they look so well dressed etc, but stink to high heaven & they don't realise it!:lol:

I've been stopped just over 3years now - we decided if we bought our home instead of renting from council, & took out extra money to have a conservatory built, the money we both would save from not smoking each month - £250!!!! would be added to our original rent & we would not notice the extra outlay! It worked and each time I felt like a fag I'd just look at my conservatory & think - can't afford it! I also went on patches but for only a month, I smoked 20+ a day and 5 of those were as soon as I got up! If i ever when out on the razzle I'd smoke 20+ just on the night out!!

Keep it up hun:hug:, you don't want to be looking fabulous & stinking to high heaven do you!!!!:lol:

I want some!!!!!

(champix that is)

I have done the patch... nasty side effects :irked:
Zyban turned me into a crazy screaming maniac (which is an odd result for an anti-depressant.. I screamed at my kids:cry:)
Gum... made me throw-up.

I will try anything!

This is the same result my oh has had to these treatments, you screamed at your kids, Paul buried the carving knife in the kitchen door:eek: was a scary day, patches sweat of his body and yep, gum makes him heave, so I put up with a stinky house. If this works for you please let me know. He's diabetic as well so the last thing he should be doing is smoking:cry:

hun, I think you are a non smoker when you stop saying you've given up or you've quit, which are negative/denial statements, and start saying you're a non smoker, I've been a non smoker for 12 years and the worst smell in the world is the smell of a person who has just had a ciggie and then walked into my air space. I'd sooner they smoked in front of me. That just had one smell is truly stomach churning.
Congratulations on becoming a non smoker:hug:

well done hun!

i wish i could just get on and do it.

i gave up as soon as i found out i was pregnant and didn't smoke until emily was about 4 months old. then one day i cracked and i smoke again. i'm not too bad during the day because i'm so busy but when i'm at work or at night i smoke quite a bit (outside, not inside the house).

i will definately stop when we start trying for the next one...just hope i can stay off them after it is born!

:lol: Well done you, because of you I am now starting to look forward into giving up in the new year. I hope it goes as well for me.

if you go to the group - tell them youve tried the patches etc and you will get the champix - if you tell them you havent tried anything yet, they give you patches or zyban etc, and wont give you the champix.

day 1 -7 are white (0.5mg each)
days 8 - 15 are blue (1mg each)

you take only one tablet per day for the first 3 days i think then 2 tablets a day (one in morning and one in the evening)

thank you for all the info hun....i will go to clinic or docs in new year....well done you for not giving in to cravings...keep it up and i wish you good luck xxx

Latest posts

Back