stopping smoking

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
day 3 and all is well - mum has finally given them up too - to day is her 2nd day without (so she tells me, but dad said she had a sly puff last night). my sister, however is still smoking tho. i went up there this morning for summit and she was puffing away......and it didnt even bother me one bit. oddly enough i havent had any cravings for them either, which im thankful for. my sis and mum are suffering with one of the side effects tho, which is not getting a good night sleep. im not getting anything - so im winning which ever way you look at it.

OOOO I'm gunna be joining you soon hun....first appointment I can get with the asthma nurse after chritmas And I'm quitting again..
I am looking forward to it..
I loved it when I didn't smoke....
Bit scary though I hope I can do it again .

I quit smoking over 15 years ago, and have never looked back or felt better ... good luck Glynis (and anyone else who's contemplating giving up), you can do it! :hug:

i got this nailed now - i am a non smoker yeehaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

my sis however is having mega probs - tablets etc
#

i got this nailed now - i am a non smoker yeehaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

so pleased for you hun...fingers will keep crossed....does it make you so you dont crave the fag anymore then? or just not have alot of fags for a couple days? sounds a bit like zyban....you take 2 tabs for the first 2 weeks then 1 ...maybe the other way round.!!

you smoke normal for the 1st week, then you choose a day to pack in - during the 2nd week - you dont get any cravings or anything - when i started this, i didnt actually think it would work, so i was giving it a try to see what would happen - i wasnt really bothered whether it worked or not to tell the truth - but it has, and im over the moon

you smoke normal for the 1st week, then you choose a day to pack in - during the 2nd week - you dont get any cravings or anything - when i started this, i didnt actually think it would work, so i was giving it a try to see what would happen - i wasnt really bothered whether it worked or not to tell the truth - but it has, and im over the moon

thanks for that huni....sounds like zyban but i am still going to give it a go ....xxx

apparently champix have a better result than zyban - tho ive never tried zyban so cant compare sweetpea

hi, hang in there, my boyf gave up 20 a day with patches and its given him a new lease of life, hes not moody in the mornin any more, and has loads more energy!!!!
dont wanna be morbid but i dont smoke cos my dad died at 42, from throat cancer, from smokin! i was only 17 and no one expected it, he only smoked bout 10 a day, cigarettes just aint worth it chik.......
good luck:hug:

im on 11th day now - im not bothered about those stinky, filthy, horrid things now, my sister is still smoking, and boy she STINKS - not a nice odour at all.

all i can say is - if I can do this, ANYONE can - really - i was the one that didnt want to pack in, but tried he tablets to prove it wrong - but i havent.

im on 11th day now - im not bothered about those stinky, filthy, horrid things now, my sister is still smoking, and boy she STINKS - not a nice odour at all.

all i can say is - if I can do this, ANYONE can - really - i was the one that didnt want to pack in, but tried he tablets to prove it wrong - but i havent.

Thats what I thought when I read that you had stopped, If G can do it I can do it.
I'm going to docs after xmas to get some.
Well done Glynis, keep going.

I'm going to docs after xmas to get some.
Well done Glynis, keep going.

go girl

i never thought it would be this bloody easy

i have had a few pangs of wanting a fag - it lasting about 10 seconds - then it went -= but the stench marie -nah, that not good at all - my house on xmas day now all non smokers except my step son and sister (i had 10) - they getting banished to the garden

fab that you are keeping it up through all this stress, shows just what can be accomplished.

Im on my third day on champix,im not really sure what i think at the minute i had 4 fags yesterday {i only smoke about 7/8 anyway per day}.
What iv noticed is my mouth taste like crap and i had a stinker of a headache last night just after my forth fag so i dont know if it was down to tabs or not.
Anyway got up this morning had a cupa then had a fag had another cupa n a fag and had my tablet as you take the same time every day if possible.
I dont have a craving at the minute so gon about 2 hrs without thinking i want one.
Gona sit here now and do my homework, oh yes iv been to the tolet a little more so to speak!

Youve done great Glyniss well done keep it up,what do i do when iv finnished my packet has iv not been told what to do?

Good luck everyone whos gona do it xx

Are these tablets or patches ?? Never heard of it.

I gave up earlier in the year, but with all the crap in my life, started smoking again 3 months ago.

I went to a smoking cesstation clinic run by the NHS, but they only gave patches and gum.....

Do you find that it works for you ? Does it actually do what it says on the tin ?

Marlise

I did exactly that also with patches and gave up for about 2 months but then after a nite out and boyf still smoked I started up again, im curious also about this.

Im on my third day on champix,im not really sure what i think at the minute i had 4 fags yesterday {i only smoke about 7/8 anyway per day}.
What iv noticed is my mouth taste like crap and i had a stinker of a headache last night just after my forth fag so i dont know if it was down to tabs or not.
Anyway got up this morning had a cupa then had a fag had another cupa n a fag and had my tablet as you take the same time every day if possible.
I dont have a craving at the minute so gon about 2 hrs without thinking i want one.
Gona sit here now and do my homework, oh yes iv been to the tolet a little more so to speak!

Youve done great Glyniss well done keep it up,what do i do when iv finnished my packet has iv not been told what to do?

Good luck everyone whos gona do it xx

hahaa - i answered this in your thread about champix, then seen it again here, your headache is a side affect flower, thankfully i havent had ANY side affects what so ever.

anyways - when you finished your packet of champix go back to the clinic, they will ask you how youve done etc, then get you to blow into a little gadget, to measure the carbon minoxide in your lungs, when i went back after being 1 week smoke free, my reading was 0.

good luck flower:hug:

well done glynis...you should be soooo proud of yourself.....you can all do it and you will xx:hug:

Went to see my doc the other night about Champix and he wouldn't give it to me :eek: :eek:

Not for any health reasons etc, but he said I gave you Zyban when you asked for it and you weren't committed enough, so I won't give you Champix !!! WTF ????

Will try and track down a smoking clinic and see if they will be willing to give it to me.

Marlise

good for you glynis

i look forward to welcoming you to the world of non smokers

Latest posts

Back