stopping smoking

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Peter Pan

Too sexy to be old geek
Premium Geek
Reaction score
ive been on CHAMPIX for the last week - today is day 8 and ive gone from 30+ a day to 3 (today) i had a few puffs this morning and they tasted gross, but at 10 pm i had a puff (thin and it was lush) told me daughter cos she already stopped, she abit disapointed in me i think - but i just had to have that puff - this is the first time i tried to give up in 23 years - this is her 5 or 6 time

i will be smoke free very soon tho - i only got till tuesday

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO thats brill hun, i want my clap emote now :lol:

Welldone Glynis thats great! You have taken the first step!! Soon you will be smoke free and smelling lovely!!!
GOOD ON YOU!! xxxx:hug:

ive been on CHAMPIX for the last week - today is day 8 and ive gone from 30+ a day to 3 (today) i had a few puffs this morning and they tasted gross, but at 10 pm i had a puff (thin and it was lush) told me daughter cos she already stopped, she abit disapointed in me i think - but i just had to have that puff - this is the first time i tried to give up in 23 years - this is her 5 or 6 time

i will be smoke free very soon tho - i only got till tuesday

:) Please keep us informed even if you have to pm me, as my husband and I are going on that champix in the new year, we are going on holiday for xmas so no point in giving up till we get back, but have spoken to the doctors about it for Jan, what is it like, does it take the craving away, or does it just make cigs taste like s..t, please tell me what you think and what you have to do, and well done for getting down 3 cigs. I have been smoking for 39yrs stopped once for 11 months.

what is this champix????? me and hubby want to give up in new year ...we have tried zyban,hypnosis and cold turkey!!!

Congrats!! Keep up the good work!!

I'll be quitting again in the New Year, and this time... plan on staying quit!!

Keep us posted, luv

:hug::hug:

Well done G!

I have no plans to give up in the new year, I would miss my 'before bed' rollie way too much :)

Keep us posted.

Thats brilliant, well done! My Mum and Dad were both on at least 40 a day but Mum's never stuck to giving up and started again with in days. Dad though managed to give up about 20yrs ago. I'm so proud of him for it. He said he could taste things he couldn't before and for ages everytime he was out in the car during the summer he couldn't get over how strong fields of rapeseed plants smell. He simply couldn't smell them before :lol:

Well done, I think its brilliant :hug:

what is this champix?????

Champix works by stimulating the same receptors in the brain as nicotine. This makes it possible for Champix to remove all the cravings and withdrawal symptoms which would normally be experienced if you were to stop smoking. As well as this action, Champix also works to block the receptors from any nicotine inhaled, which means that the rewarding affects that nicotine would usually have on the body are no longer effective.

Champix works by stimulating the same receptors in the brain as nicotine. This makes it possible for Champix to remove all the cravings and withdrawal symptoms which would normally be experienced if you were to stop smoking. As well as this action, Champix also works to block the receptors from any nicotine inhaled, which means that the rewarding affects that nicotine would usually have on the body are no longer effective.

oooooohhh....this sounds good...do you get it from docs or pharmacy or online?...is it a tablet or patch??thanks for info hun xx

oooooohhh....this sounds good...do you get it from docs or pharmacy or online?...is it a tablet or patch??thanks for info hun xx

You get it from the doctors, its only just come on the market, I have been waiting for it since last year.

I have to say smoking is one of my pet hates, I 've never tried it and never wanted to. But I read somewhere that it's harder to quit smoking than to give up heroin. So WELL DONE for giving up, and GOOD LUCK to everyone that's going to give up in the new year.

i didnt go to doctors - i went to a "stop smoking group" they give you the prescription there.

i didnt go to doctors - i went to a "stop smoking group" they give you the prescription there.

Are these tablets or patches ?? Never heard of it.

I gave up earlier in the year, but with all the crap in my life, started smoking again 3 months ago.

I went to a smoking cesstation clinic run by the NHS, but they only gave patches and gum.....

Do you find that it works for you ? Does it actually do what it says on the tin ?

Marlise

Are these tablets or patches ?? Never heard of it.

I gave up earlier in the year, but with all the crap in my life, started smoking again 3 months ago.

I went to a smoking cesstation clinic run by the NHS, but they only gave patches and gum.....

Do you find that it works for you ? Does it actually do what it says on the tin ?

Marlise

It is a tablet but it has a reported 50-60% giving up rate, where patches have a 20% give up rate, like I have said I am going on it in the new year when I get back from hols, but in 8 day's peter pan has gone from 20-30 a day (I think look at the first post)to 3 in one day, which is absolutley brilliant.

It is a tablet but it has a reported 50-60% giving up rate, where patches have a 20% give up rate, like I have said I am going on it in the new year when I get back from hols, but in 8 day's peter pan has gone from 20-30 a day (I think look at the first post)to 3 in one day, which is absolutley brilliant.

Is that because it's working or because you have to reduce the number of cigarettes you smoke like with Zyban ?

I tried Zyban and it didn't work for me at all ....:cry:

Marlise

Is that because it's working or because you have to reduce the number of cigarettes you smoke like with Zyban ?

I tried Zyban and it didn't work for me at all ....:cry:

Marlise

No it is because it works.

You get it from the doctors, its only just come on the market, I have been waiting for it since last year.

waw thanks geeks!!!!!....will go to docs or stop smoking group are the tablets orange? might have read about these in paper!!....good luck to everyone who trys xx

I gave up smoking 2 and a half years ago. I didnt use any patches or tablets. Im very proud of mysel but I was at the time going through a cancer scare and decided that seeing my kids grow up was far more important than having a fag ! Good luck to you glynis you can do it if you try x

Well done Glynis!

Blimey what are you going to spend all that extra money on???

Latest posts

Back