Stoptober

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well done to those who've kicked it,

We may need a hand or a shoulder to lean on, so don't abandon us lol I would love to be saying next year what some of you are saying today...

We can do this girls!!

Sent from my D5503 using SalonGeek mobile app

Yes we can do this!!!

Only a few more days to go.
Im sure we can all be supportive to each other and get through this together.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek mobile app

I used to be a 20-a-day girl, smoked all my life since 14! I gave up 2 years and 5 months ago on doctors orders. I would never, ever have imagined I'd be successful as I loved my cigs with a passion, however much it had become unfashionable!! But here I am, 2 stone heavier and ciggie free!!! So come on geeks, you can do it. My incentive to not smoke again? I bought a new car on a loan which the monthly payments matched what I'd save per month on cigs! So I can't afford to smoke again or I'd lose my dream car!!!

Im going to be doing Stoptober but starting Monday.

I stopped earlier this year for 1 month but started again for no reason!

Determined to do it this time.

Good luck all xx

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

I did stoptober 2 years ago and haven't smoked since. Best thing I ever did!

Some things that helped me were:

Don't stay away from other smokers- it will be harder to reintroduce yourself. Just let all your friends know what you are doing and I'm sure they will support you in not offering them to you etc.

Keep busy.

Lollipops are great for keeping your hands busy! ;)

I just kept telling myself that if I have a cigarette I'm only letting myself down and the time that you've given up for is wasted. No one else will care if I'm a smoker or non smoker.

In my experience the first week was the hardest. Once I was past the first week it was such an achievement that I never even wanted to smoke after that and haven't since.

If you do have one don't see it as a failure and go back to normal- keep going! :)

Good luck to all those that are doing it. It really is one of best things you will ever do xxx

I've tried and failed so many times, I gave up for over a year when pregnant and STUPIDLY went back to them, worse part I hid it, I used to sneak outside. When my son was tiny, this carried on for 2 yrs..how stupid was I?!

14 yrs later...I'm still trying...don't abandon us ladies, we need you lol as I'm.sick of smoking!

Do your little wrinkles dissappear too? Lol

Girls its going to be hard.... its a Saturday night, im catching up on saloon geek with a glass of wine and a fag in my hand . I need to break this habbit.
I am going to write on my fridge how much money I will be saving a week a month and in a year and keep looking at it when im craving.

There are so many success stories here and it does keep me motivated.

Tuesday 30th at 10pm i WILL be having my LAST cigarette! !!!

I thought stoptober was giving up alcohol for the month? I'm going to try and give up chocolate though 🙊😭 xx

I thought stoptober was giving up alcohol for the month? I'm going to try and give up chocolate though 🙊😭 xx

Nope, stoptober is giving up smoking..
Go Sober for October is the give up alcohol for a month to raise money Mcmillian

Before I gave up my 10yr old daughter said to me "it's a shame you smoke mummy as I'd like you to see what I turn into when I grow up".
Here's an idea ladies - write a list of why you want to stop and keep it with you to read if you get tempted

Before I gave up my 10yr old daughter said to me "it's a shame you smoke mummy as I'd like you to see what I turn into when I grow up".
Here's an idea ladies - write a list of why you want to stop and keep it with you to read if you get tempted

Excellent advice.
Will write a list now.
Thank you

Nope, stoptober is giving up smoking..
Go Sober for October is the give up alcohol for a month to raise money Mcmillian

Ahh duh thank you haha x

I gave up with the Allen Carr book too. Changes your mind set.

Just had my last cigarette. ..... going to need all your support girls x

I've got 2 left, will go outside and have my last one just before I go up to bed, ekkkkkkkkkk

Not a smoker but wanted to wish you all the very best of luck. I think choosing to give up because YOU want to is very admirable.

I'm looking forward to reading how you all get on.

I've got 2 left, will go outside and have my last one just before I go up to bed, ekkkkkkkkkk

Ahhhhh u have 2 left..... can I come round and smoke one with you?? Lol.
I should of waited to have my last one till now .

Not a smoker but wanted to wish you all the very best of luck. I think choosing to give up because YOU want to is very admirable.

I'm looking forward to reading how you all get on.

Thank you. Will keep you posted x

Ahhhhh u have 2 left..... can I come round and smoke one with you?? Lol.
I should of waited to have my last one till now .

Of course you can, your only in the next county lol

Good luck for tomorrow everybody x

Tomorrow is the big day.... good luck to everybody who is doing stoptober.
We can support each other through this. I know I will be needing your support.
X

Good luck everyone...........you can do it!! I'm now on day 40 as a non-smoker - seems strange to call myself that but I am! Positive thinking and one day at a time, remember if you can go 28 days you have a better chance of succeeding - if I can do it, so can you!

Claire

Latest posts

Back