Storage for gel?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

butterfly

Reaction score
Hi geeks,
just wondering if anyone else has this problem, my gel pots are always leaking I place them upright it my case but transporting them from home to work always makes them leak I have tried all sorts and I am getting fed up of having sticky fingers when I pick up a pot :( , does anyone have any suggestions about what I could do ?

How come I hardly get any advise on here ?

I know what you mean - same thing happens to me. I keep mine in a flat box but somehow they still seem to get sticky. Maybe I need to clean the neck of pots and lids so they seal closed.

How come I hardly get any advise on here ?
Because there are no solutions to this problem?
I have the same problem, and even the shop where i buy the gels have the same problem. I think it depends on the packaging. IBD color gels do leak (all the time!), Brisa never did (till now)...

Greetings from Belgium,
Conny

I use pronto soak off gel and I put mine into the plastic trays Chinese's use with the lid on. They can still move about a bit but they tend not to leak that often. You could try this depending on the size of your gel pots.

Sent from my GT-S5830i using SalonGeek

I find all my gels leak no matter what brand or whether hard or soft and my lids are all tightly screwed on and then they are kept in a closed draw. I have no idea why this happens and I unfortunately have no idea how to combat the problem either. I end up wrapping kitchen roll round the pots so that I'm not touching a sticky pot as I worried about overexposure. The best I've found which don't leak as much are NSI balance gels.

Thank you for your replies its NSI balance I use, yeah I have wrapped in couch roll, kitchen roll take away tubs alas no solutions I do find its the colours that leak though so maybe they should use the same pots as the builder gels as they don't leak :)

My balance gels leaked everywhere, lost a whole of of clear and finish gel in the big sizes. Im mobile now so they tumbled everywhere.
Even the little coloured pots leak. Thinking about taping them round the seal to stop it from happening as I have wasted so much product :(

Is it something to do with the chemicals rising to the top? All the leaking was one of the reasons I started using gel polish instead as it doesn't happen with Gelish, shellac etc

I have a lovely roo case for my gels, it holds the pots snugly so they don't move and the edges are packed with cotton pads , lint free wipes etc.
Before I had my roo case I had them in stackable Tupperware containers.

Latest posts

Back