Storage in summer months?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nailzandbeauty

Reaction score
Hi, just to ask where do you store your products whilst these summer months or on? what is a good temp you think is best to store like tip glue,enamels,gel the usual stuff?

any tips would be great,iv just noticed my glue seems to be abit stringy these last couple of weeks is this why you think? thanks xx:confused:

I doubt very much that it's the heat that's causing your adhesive to go 'stringy'.

My nail kit is usually stored in my hallway, it's the coolest part of the house and it's currently 26C in the hall!
I don't get any problems with my products, even with the heat we get over here.

Are you sure you've closed the lid/cap on your adhesive properly?
Is it tightly shut?
Is the neck of the bottle/tube clean from adhesive residue?

Just make sure you never store your kit in your car...... It doesn't need to be a hot day for the temperature of the boot to be really high and that will comprimise your products..... Also, bear in mind that some things are flammable! Same applies in the winter, your products will cool off really quickly.

I always bring my kit in the house if I've got a gap between clients - even if it's only for an hour......

Excessive heat is really not a big problem in the UK ... it is different here in Spain and I have no trouble with my products which I keep in an interior room of the house where it is cooler than some other places ... it is still in the high 20's though which I doubt it is in the UK.

Stringy adhesive is 'gone off' adhesive. Get rid and get some more. I doubt the heat has caused it. It is more likely to be old.

I also keep my nail things in my hall, it is the coolest part of the house, and like Geeg says we are not in Spain where the temp is high, just try keeping them in a coolish place.

I don't think heat is the major worry to be honest. I know when it is hot your gel will go more runny etc, but the main thing to cause problems is with the temperature being too cold. Then you have problems with your gel being too stiff, monomer maybe crystalising, or glues going weird.

I mainly keep my kit in the house at a normal temperature as possible.

I wouldnt say it was old bought just after xmas NSI polybond,my house dosnt get too hot so i thought it would not be the heat.May i have not put the top on right ill make sure for next time tho thanks for the advice.Iv bought some gel bond can you use it on any tips and also can i use it on my nail trainer plz?

What would be these summer months you are talking about? I haven't seen any extreme temperatures here in Bristol...I was thinking about putting my heating back on today to take the chill off!

Aside from that I've never had any problems storing products, even when it is hot, provided they're stored out of sunlight and in a cool dark place it's fine.

I wouldnt say it was old bought just after xmas NSI polybond,my house dosnt get too hot so i thought it would not be the heat.May i have not put the top on right ill make sure for next time tho thanks for the advice.Iv bought some gel bond can you use it on any tips and also can i use it on my nail trainer plz?

Yes you can,it's an adhesive like any other ... only better :wink2: hth's

Thanks for the tips may be i didnt put the top on right will keep check.thanks x

Latest posts

Back