Store box color used on little girl's hair

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PAJ

Reaction score
:?:My client used a box color on her daughters hair 2 months ago. She has tried bleach to remove the color and it is stiped and blotchy now. She is coming in tomorrow for me to correct it. I dont know what to do. I am afraid to put another color on her hair since i think it was a stain she put on it since it was so hard to remove the color. Little girl is 6.

:?:My client used a box color on her daughters hair 2 months ago. She has tried bleach to remove the color and it is stiped and blotchy now. She is coming in tomorrow for me to correct it. I dont know what to do. I am afraid to put another color on her hair since i think it was a stain she put on it since it was so hard to remove the color. Little girl is 6.

A six yr old and chemicals? Bad idea..

Oh my goodness, 6 years old, I would point blank refuse to do it. I will not colour any minors hair, my clients have to be 16 and over to have a colour by myself! Jeepers I'm shocked anyone would entertain the idea of colouring there child's hair at 6! I would check your insurance too if you do proceed. Good luck x

6 years is that typing gone wrong?

Anyway whatever age you wont be insured to colour under 16s hair.

Tint tubes have a warning to say that the product isnt suitable for under 16s (may be worded differently)

If you ignore the warning you invalidate your insurance as you're going against manufacturers guide lines

I'm horrified, poor child :sad:
I would not put any more colours on it. Advise treatments and regular cuts now until it grows out.
Stupid woman :irked:

I wouldn't let my stylists touch her hair. Please don't, the trouble you could get yourself in isn't worth it.
As someone said before suggest treatments and cuts etc.
I'd be half tempted to bloody report her for cruelty, why would you do this to a six year old??

OMG what was the mother thinking. As much as I love changing styles and colour my girls are 10 and I WILL NOT allow them to change their hair. They do ask as they know I can do it, but I refuse point blank. They are still growing and too delicate bless them.

I totally agree with everyone else. PLEASE REFUSE to colour correct. Chemicals on hair for a young little girl is wrong, and I would advise letting it grow out, and once the roots are long advise on good cuts or up-do's to hide the damage that this has done. Until it can be cut away completely.

Some parents really do shock me!!! :eek:

Don't do it ! My daughter is 6 and I would never ever put any chemicals on her hair , it it soooo dangerous , this is shocking , your best well away from this one Xxx

That poor little girl.

I wonder if her school had anything to say about it?

Maybe you could offer to show them an up do to wear while it's growing out. That's all I can think of. I would even worry about cutting it as the little girl might not want it shorter and then she will have colour she doesn't want AND style she doesn't want.

:eek:That's a no no for me! you might lose the client, but i would rather that ,than put myself in a big trouble, and invalidate my insurance! Better safe then sorry! Poor child!

Legally you would be breaking the law I believe - and all products state min age 16 I'm sure. You need to tell your customer to leave her child's hair well alone, sorry but I am disgusted as a hairdresser and mother. What us she doing putting a box of chemicals on her child's hair. What next putting her in a bra and thong. She is 6 why would a 6 year old need colour on her hair. Offer her a good hair cut and advise to grow it out.

The OP is from USA by the looks of her profile, so the laws may be different there.

It might be a very silly thing to do to a child, but it may not be illegal. :)

Agree though that the OP shouldn't offer any further chemical services to the woman, and leave the childs hair alone.

Leave well alone!!!!

I feel very sorry for this little girl, who on earth is that selfish or ignorant to do this, makes me feel I little bit sick thinking what else she will be forced into having or doing :'(

Sent from my LT30p using SalonGeek

It's not against the law I don't think but manufacturers instructions don't recommend so your insurance will be invalid in the uk, USA I don't know,

as this is your friend, its a whole different ball game, I wouldn't use anything more than a Demi/quasi if I HAD to do it, to put as close back to natural tone as possible so doesn't have to keep having it coloured and refuse to do again if she messes with her hair again.

Then my next note.... 6, a mother happily messed with a 6 year olds hair, and her daughter, you friend or not.... Grrrrrr !

Omg then she bleached to remove it?! Don't do it; she just has to grow it out.

I feel very sorry for this little girl, who on earth is that selfish or ignorant to do this, makes me feel I little bit sick thinking what else she will be forced into having or doing :'(

Sent from my LT30p using SalonGeek
Agree!!

Latest posts

Back