Storing client records

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Charlee-c

Reaction score
How do you guys store clients details other then on the computer.the system I seem to have just isnt quick enough xxx

Do you have paper records? I keep mine in plastic sleeves in a big folder (all in alphabetical order) getting so many new ppl having to get a second folder, it's easy and quick to find also each client have a sleeve.
I have also put the coneys that have me emails on my computer so I can do group emails. What are you using ATM?

Hi!

Take a look at Salonium (http://salonium.com). You can store client lists (and do much more than that actually). And if you pick Free plan - it's free!

Martin

Thanks salonium I will take a look. Currently I just keep hard copies :)

Sent from my LT15i using SalonGeek

I keep hard copies to but it's becoming a pain looking through everyone in alphabetical order to find jo blogs or whoever xxx

I'm fairly certain in a race between you looking up a client card in your filing system and me typing it into a software system, I'd win :)

Physical cards are a pain, in my opinion. They get scribbled on, stuff gets scribbled out or it's illegible ("how many courses has Mrs Smith got again? 2.. no, wait.. I think that's a 3"), especially if your handwriting is anything like mine. Then they got lost, or something gets spilt on them rendering them unreadable - I don't know, I think I'd stick to a computer system!

If you're looking to replace your current system - for free, no less - you can always take a look at Salonlite - The worlds first free online salon and spa management software. We're getting a lot of very positive feedback about it, and it's not like you'd lose anything by trying it out :)

I'm fairly certain in a race between you looking up a client card in your filing system and me typing it into a software system, I'd win :)

Physical cards are a pain, in my opinion. They get scribbled on, stuff gets scribbled out or it's illegible ("how many courses has Mrs Smith got again? 2.. no, wait.. I think that's a 3"), especially if your handwriting is anything like mine. Then they got lost, or something gets spilt on them rendering them unreadable - I don't know, I think I'd stick to a computer system!

If you're looking to replace your current system - for free, no less - you can always take a look at Salonlite - The worlds first free online salon and spa management software. We're getting a lot of very positive feedback about it, and it's not like you'd lose anything by trying it out :)

I really want to move over to salonlite - from paper appointment book plus using outlooks calendar. I've registered I just haven't had time to go through and set it all up. I need to get on and do it because hard copies of cards drive me insane. I then enter all the details into Microsoft access to build my database of email address' I'd like it all in one place. Can salonlite be accused from any computer? Ie I can check it at himself on my laptop/ipad whilst the girls at the salon can still use it?

X

Can salonlite be accused from any computer? Ie I can check it at himself on my laptop/ipad whilst the girls at the salon can still use it?

X

Yep, pretty much anywhere where you've got an internet connection.

Feel free to give me a shout on here or get in touch via the 'contact us' page if you need any help getting up and running :)

Yep, pretty much anywhere where you've got an internet connection.

Feel free to give me a shout on here or get in touch via the 'contact us' page if you need any help getting up and running :)

Thanks. I might get on to it over the weekend :)

I did it today!

It was much easier than I thought. I ant to go ahead and throw my paper appointment book out but im scared lol

I love the fact that you can use it properly on an ipad, it measn aslong as i have internet i can check it anywhere, which is what i do with outlook (i have syncing via iCloud between pc at work and my ipad)

I love the report functions aswell. I have bought 250 text messages (a great price) generally.

So easy to use as member of staff aswell, i got confused with re-schedling but using the FAQ's i sussed it.

I am now going to sit here all afternoon putting in all the appointments :)

Just to throw it out there - I offer an online system for salons to use to entirely manage their salon - with reports to see how the salon is doing, a stock management system to keep control of the products you have in the salon, to online booking for your customers direct from your website - it does it all. Every size salon has access to all of the features. I'm offering 8 weeks free use at the moment.

Any Salon Geeks are welcome :)

I need to sort my system out too, up until jan this year I just used paper diary and record cards, but hunting through record cards drove me nuts (way too many) so bought an i pad and started using my chair app for appointments and client records, but I cant back it up and view the info from another computer so have still been using paper diary too ...yesterday I had my first slip up a client turned up who wasn't in the diary but was on i pad, luckily I had a gap and it was ok, I felt very unprofessional . So have stopped using i pad , but now have part info on record cards part on i pad....

What do people do who just use a computer system, do you do consultation sheet on paper and get clients signature for medication etc and the keep notes on computer, or do you do consultation on computer ? What about signature ?

I did sign up to salon lite a month ago but can't face setting it all up, how is anyone finding it ?

I really need to sort this out !

Jo

I would be interested in this too. I was actually searching earlier for the answers to your questions Jo but couldn't find anything.

Last edited:
Just marking this so I can find it later x

I need to sort my system out too, up until jan this year I just used paper diary and record cards, but hunting through record cards drove me nuts (way too many) so bought an i pad and started using my chair app for appointments and client records, but I cant back it up and view the info from another computer so have still been using paper diary too ...yesterday I had my first slip up a client turned up who wasn't in the diary but was on i pad, luckily I had a gap and it was ok, I felt very unprofessional . So have stopped using i pad , but now have part info on record cards part on i pad....

What do people do who just use a computer system, do you do consultation sheet on paper and get clients signature for medication etc and the keep notes on computer, or do you do consultation on computer ? What about signature ?

I did sign up to salon lite a month ago but can't face setting it all up, how is anyone finding it ?

I really need to sort this out !

Jo

I spent the other morning setting it up. It's not as bad as I imagined. I haven't transferred all the clients tho, I'll do that as they book. It's really easy to use via the ipad (safari not an app).

Now to train the staff and make the move to salon lite only!

Will you still have a paper consultation form for customer to sign or will you have a verbal one and record details on the computer?

Sorry if I'm missing something here it's just I use paper records at present and would love to switch over to some sort of computerised system.

I would imagine that most systems (mine does) have a notes section on the customer's record, so you can record any info you like about them :)

Last edited:
Surely you need clients signature on consultation sheet ?? Can anyone using a computerised system let us know what they do ?
I seem to have so many different types of consultation cards, which are getting messy !
Wondering if to design a consultation sheet which covers every treatment that I do, get signature and use for updates but then use salon lite for appointments and recording treatments, products used/nail colours, etc

Anyone ??!!
Thanks x

Storage of a clients data requires their consent, so your t's and c's could easily be added to that form.

Hi, before computers, I used Client cards and stored them in alphabetical tabs and all of this in a flip-top wooden box that sat on my reception desk. It worked well and was quick and accessible. The cards were lined and I just noted down the treatment, comments, cost etc and notes for next time.

Latest posts

Back