Storing consultations

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Airey fairy

Reaction score
Ok so this is mainly about how we all store consultations without having them EVERYWHERE 😂😂im sure you can all relate to this I find that a system needs to be put in place of course for this sensitive and important information but ease of access and finding the dam things can be a nightmare I wondered how you did it whether it's the alphabetical method or month by month etc your advice would be greatly appreciated as I want to put a procedure in place that actually works 😱😱lol

I'm a good old fashioned A to Z filing cabinet.

I also have two files at the front - one is for clients booked in the current week, one is for clients booked next week. If I have a few minutes I'll just pull the notes from any new bookings that have been made and pop them in the relevant front file.

That's a good idea Redduck !! I'm thinking A-Z too we've got it all on a very good comp system millennium however ..... We still need paper copy its a nightmare isn't it I'm reckoning our storage will be filled in no time we are in a shopping mall in the centre of town and about to open end of oct .... I need to get this right 😂😂 any other geeks got some wonderful ideas

If it's clients personal data, it shouldn't be left laying around everywhere.

I have an A"Z consentina file and that gets locked in a metal filling cabinet under reception desk

Sent from my D5503 using SalonGeek mobile app

I would be interested to know what mobile therapists do? I also have a a-z record card filing system. I would like to know if any of you have an app that stores all clients info so u can check on the go ie addresses etc. I would always do it the good old fashioned paper way as I do with my diary no good with technology but would like to get more into date and sorted 😄

Agree with KHS ..... It's hard though as we are going to use both paper n system that will literally tell you anything about them obv once we've entered the data :) I just need it to work from word go !! And I know from past experience that it just hasn't :( v frustrating and v time consuming but can potentially bring big big money into the buisness by zoning in on vital info that you collate from it and follow up with ie how was that wedding you went to Mrs Jone I remember I did red baroness for it etc .... eeeek I soooo need to get this right am stressing from it 😝😝😝

We have all our clients data in the computer but they fill in a paper consultation form that they sign. This gives us email address, postal address, mobile etc. They can also opt out of receiving emails etc and promo texts. All this info gets uploaded but we keep the form. We get the form out to note patch testing etc or to note any changes.

The forms are kept alphabetically by first name in large files that are locked away.

I would find uploading info on every client harder to do on computer than on paper as there are now 2 of us and around the computer can get congested.

I also do have a really good memory for things so know if people have sugar in their tea or I can remember what colour they last had on their nails - most of the time. If not I just make it up lol!

Vic x

Sent from my GT-I9195 using SalonGeek mobile app

We have all our clients data in the computer but they fill in a paper consultation form that they sign. This gives us email address, postal address, mobile etc. They can also opt out of receiving emails etc and promo texts. All this info gets uploaded but we keep the form. We get the form out to note patch testing etc or to note any changes.

The forms are kept alphabetically by first name in large files that are locked away.

I would find uploading info on every client harder to do on computer than on paper as there are now 2 of us and around the computer can get congested.

I also do have a really good memory for things so know if people have sugar in their tea or I can remember what colour they last had on their nails - most of the time. If not I just make it up lol!

Vic x

I see where your coming from squidgernrtball by popping it on paper instead of computer but I think any new info will go into the system to make sure that it's up to date and so then we can carry on with our follow ups etc.. alphabetically seems the way forward as this is how I've done it previously I think with surname though due to us having so many let's say Karen's coming through the door it's hard to decipher which one is which without giving away adresses to cross reference. it's gonna be difficult as we have at present 9 girls and if we're not careful this whole system will be messed up v easily why can't it just be simpler 😤😤

We have everyone stored by first name in our paper consultation forms. With our software you can search first name, last name, partial phone number etc.

We store by first name for paper as we are less likely to forget first names. All surnames are obviously recorded. As we have got busier I do think that storing with surnames would be easier maybe!

We keep the up to date info on their paper consultations as these can be taken into the room and written on at time of treatment. This means that the next therapist to treat that person has the most up to date info right in front of them. If it's on the computer there is no guarantee it will be seen by the relevant person. We also found that trying to put the info on for each client meant a lot of time in front of the computer.

Things have to be dated as well so 'Client is pregnant' means nothing unless there is a date. 'Client suffered miscarriage' might not get put on so you can make a big faux pas - it happened to me as a client! No one had updated the system so they asked me how long I had left. So much for the relaxing massage following the trauma of my miscarriage!

I have to say moving over to a computerised system 3 years ago was the best thing I have done. There are only two of us but sometimes actually getting to sit in front of the computer can be impossible!

We also have folders with clients details who haven't been for a while. These are a lot more out of the way, and we have 'inactive clients' on our computer system. This way you're not sorting through all the clients who came once 8 months ago for an eyebrow tidy never to return!

Vic x

Last edited:
I brought a ikea lennart drawer unit. Its a bargain at £9! I put all my bog standard paper record cards in that in A-Z format. it sits underneath my amazing reception desk that i got from salon equipment centre. i have two systems in place one on-line and one for beauty signed to disclose any allergies etc. I put other record cards like hair, tanning- that are colour coded.

Its the only storing unit that i know of that can hold over 2000 record card (or maybe more that i know of!). It holds A4 paper as well! Definitely worth investing into one! xoxo

Latest posts

Back