Storing Smoothing gel brush

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AJ54

Reaction score
Hi,

I was recently on Brisa Lite Smoothing Gel Course and was told to leave some Gel on brush and store it in a box between treatments.
I have read some threads on here but still feel that I am missing something prior to using it for a new treatment as it is not pliable. Can anyone tell me what they do to remove the gel and get it nice and soft ready for application again.

Hi,

I was recently on Brisa Lite Smoothing Gel Course and was told to leave some Gel on brush and store it in a box between treatments.
I have read some threads on here but still feel that I am missing something prior to using it for a new treatment as it is not pliable. Can anyone tell me what they do to remove the gel and get it nice and soft ready for application again.

You shouldn't deliberately leave a visible amount of gel on the brush, but after cleaning it there is always a tiny residue of gel left in the brush which makes it seem a little stiff when you go to use it again.

The brush is easily made pliable and workable again by simply picking up a small bead of your gel and working it into the hairs of the brush, by brushing it out on a plastic backed pad or *in my case ( the inside of the lid of my gel pot, then you are good to go.

Thanks for your reply could you just clarify for me when you finish using brush should you clean it with something before storing. On my training we were told to store with a bead of gel on it.

Thanks for your reply could you just clarify for me when you finish using brush should you clean it with something before storing. On my training we were told to store with a bead of gel on it.

No .. I think you misunderstood as no Creative Education Ambassador would advise you to do that.

Clean your brush in a small amount of DSperse and wipe out on a clean pad. You will have been told that There will still be a small residual amount of gel left in your brush after this process and this is OK. But you would not have been told to leave a bead of gel in your brush.

Perhaps if you filled in your profile here on salongeek.com with your training details and experience .. it would certainly help me/us to help you.

Latest posts

Back