Story of my Life

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kellyc

Reaction score
Please help even though i know there have been lots of articles about Smile Lines mine are still persisting on being moody lines i just can get it and its driving me mad, im not sure whether im trying too hard to get a deep smile line bearing in mind i am newly qualified. I did speak with Creative as i know they do 121 training but because i am not Creative trained i cant do a 121. So im in two minds whether to continue practicing and hope that i eventually get a nice smile line or take the Creative conversion course - what a dilemma, i have spent a lot of money on courses especially on the hope to create a nice smile line any suggestions????:cry:

Why dont you have a look at "million dollar smiles" in the tutorial section, it is really helpful

Kellyc said:
Please help even though i know there have been lots of articles about Smile Lines mine are still persisting on being moody lines i just can get it and its driving me mad, im not sure whether im trying too hard to get a deep smile line bearing in mind i am newly qualified. I did speak with Creative as i know they do 121 training but because i am not Creative trained i cant do a 121. So im in two minds whether to continue practicing and hope that i eventually get a nice smile line or take the Creative conversion course - what a dilemma, i have spent a lot of money on courses especially on the hope to create a nice smile line any suggestions????:cry:

Hi Kelly

I am in the same position as you - just can't seem to get it right and the company I originally trained with have been no help (but then they have been no help for anything since I did my course!). Decided to "bite the bullet" and have booked on a Creative conversion course. Bought a Retention+ starter kit at Olympia just so I can have a practice beforehand coz my course isnt till July (child care problems). Now its booked I'm really looking forward to my course and then hoping to go on to do my Masters so I can "tweak" my skills and (hopefully) produce some damn good nails into the bargain LOL.

Its been a real dilemma for me too coz I have spent more money than I care to think about on other courses when I should have gone to Creative at the start. Can't wait for July :biggrin: My advice would be if you can afford it then do the conversion - no money well spent is wasted!

Shaza

How long after you qualified do you have to wait to do a conversion course? is it a year? I did my course in Feb with probably the worse people ever!!!! but cant afford to do the foundation course until I have saved some more money. I am having problems working with the white powder it all goes pear shaped. (well sort of hooked shaped in fact)

Bugs said:
How long after you qualified do you have to wait to do a conversion course? is it a year? I did my course in Feb with probably the worse people ever!!!! but cant afford to do the foundation course until I have saved some more money. I am having problems working with the white powder it all goes pear shaped. (well sort of hooked shaped in fact)

Hi

Yep I had to wait for 12 months before booking the conversion. I actually did my initial training in Feb 2003 so it will be more like 18 months before I do my course in July but its worth waiting for.

Shaza

hiya bugs
if your training was really poor, then my advice 2u would b if at all possible, u should save & book onto a foundation course.
foundation: £493.75 (incl.vat) vrs. conversion: £80 (ish sorry!)
kit worth £80+ kit worth £80+
nail trainer worth £150
full manual reduced manual
26 hours training (max 8 students) 6.5 hrs (max 8 students)
training rate: £10 p.h training free (but considerable
1-1 will b needed if your
knowledge is lacking & that
cost £35 p.h

conversion is meant for technicians that have had training of a certain level & the 1 day training is mainly product led, ie. how to use creative's tip's l&p etc.
it is inevitable that many students will pick up lots of technical info aswell as the educators r updated with their knowledge every year.

even if they had creative training say, 5/6 yrs ago, they would learn new techniques & product knowledge.

so, back to my 1st point!
if u r concerned that your knowledge is below what u think it should b, then it would work out more benefitial to u to do the foundation course.

i may b wrong,, u will need to check with head office in leeds, but, mayb u can have a 1-1 with an educator so they can assess your level of knowledge & advise u accordingly.

if u choose conversion, & u realise that u need 1-1 it could end up more expensive in the long run.

good luck, let me know what u decide
liza xxx

sorry bugs
when i wrote that post, i set it out in table form so u could c the comparisons between foundation & conversion, but as i'm a bit pc illiterate i didn't realise that it would squash it all 2gether!!!
hopefully u will still understand it, if not, pm me!
liza xx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back