Strange food combinations...... what's yours?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My 10yr old daughter loves cold yorkshire pudding with butter and sugar on the top - something my husband got her into.

it's surprisingly good.

My friend will be glad that she is not the only one mad about cheese........she's getting me hooked on it tho is the problem and my a*se is big enough as it is!! Haha!
I really dont think i have any weird combinations of food, one thing i used too do was bite a little piece off one end of a twix and suck my tea through it, so then it was all soggy!:eek: The thought of that now makes me sick!! lol
I do have a unhealthy obsession with mash potato though....I could eat it all day everyday....love it!! xx

as a kid i used to put a snickers bar in the microwave until it melted, might have to have that again, I love chicken soup with salt and vinigar crisps on the top yummmmmmmmm, i also love chips cheese and gravy i fell in love with it when i lived in canada,

i use to love jelly babies in tomato ketchup, my kids when they were little use to have cheese and lemon curd sarnies and my ex hubby use to dip everything in his tea, toast sandwiches, cake etc

i think the only thing strange i eat now is asparagus wraped in ham topped with cheese and onion and baked

There was a period a few years ago when every day I had to have a packet of cheese and onion crisps and a yorkie. I think it was a bit of an obsession becasue I got major cold turkey if I didn't have it.

Thankfully I'm over it now!!

OOO I can join the big bum gang.

My favourites are:
Chips with cheese and Curry Sauce.
Sausages with Cheese melted over them.
Mash potato with dairylea and ketchup
Cheese melted on my roast dinner
Cheese in Kebabs
I have cheese on everything. If I go for a meal I take a stash in my bag.

I have a problem...

you are not alone i am totally addicted to cheese too, one of my wierd favourite is macdonalds salty chips dipped in macdonalds strawberry milkshake. haven't done it for a few years but used to doit all the time xx:lol:

i think the only thing strange i eat now is asparagus wraped in ham topped with cheese and onion and baked
That actually sounds pretty tasty :D

This is strange but so so good.... canned brown beans mixed with cottage cheese. I discovered it when camping as my beans ran into the cottage cheese!

i use to love jelly babies in tomato ketchup, my kids when they were little use to have cheese and lemon curd sarnies and my ex hubby use to dip everything in his tea, toast sandwiches, cake etc

Asparagus etc - Mmmmmm Yummy!! I'd come to yours for dinner - so long as you don't serves Jelly Babies and Ketchup for afters!! :eek:

My 10yr old daughter loves cold yorkshire pudding with butter and sugar on the top - something my husband got her into.

it's surprisingly good.
I used to love buttered toast topped with sugar when I was about 7..... had to make it quick, my mum would have died if she had seen me!! :lol:

How about wheatabix with lashings of butter on (gotta be butter - no margarine!). Mmmmmm - yummy! Only problem is, you have to have a cup of coffee at the same time coz it all tends to stick to the roof of ya mouth!

Cheese and chocolate...has to mature cheddar and cadburys fruit and nut!!! lovely!!! Mxxx

Oh I thought of one I had when pregnant...

Pickled cockles (no rude comments please) with cherries.. not singley but together..:eek:

Oh I thought of one I had when pregnant...

Pickled cockles (no rude comments please) with cherries.. not singley but together..:eek:

No comment...Only a question, what on God's green earth is a pickled cockle?? I've never heard of it.

Also...Wheatabix???

No comment...Only a question, what on God's green earth is a pickled cockle?? I've never heard of it.

Also...Wheatabix???
its a rubbery fish in a shell..:eek::eek: stored in vinager

I love banana & brown sauce butties, mmmmmmm!

And when I used to play netball after school I couldn't live without a vegetable soup from the Klix machine with a kit kat to dip in! Yum Yum!

Also...Wheatabix???
:lol: That made me laugh out loud!!

Oooooh have you ever bitten the two ends off a kit kat and popped it into your warm cuppa then suck up like a straw mmmmmmmmm melty

but watch the teas not too hot tea though:eek:

and jam toast dipped in cream of tomato soup , drool drool:green:

Sugar butties
Gran says dripping butties
I say salad cream butties :hug::lol: mmmmmmmm

its a rubbery fish in a shell..:eek::eek: stored in vinager
Ooooh I see....er...thanks for clearing that up...that sounds...uh, different :eek: :eek: :hug:

2 thick slices of toast made from very fresh bread with vintage strong mature cheddar cheese, two thick slices of crispy fried bacon.........now make a sandwich, this is best after chasing horses around the field in the middle of winter, oh and don't forget the slug of balieys in your coffee instead of cream
Also strong cheese and Christmas cake
And chocolate bar sandwiches
Heat up a tin of stewing beef in gravy and poor it all over a plate of chips. this is called Stofleis met frits in Belgium, sorry to the Belgium geeks for the spelling they also do the same thing with goulash.
Bread with sliced banana's and brown sugar, toasted. Haven't had that since I was about 5 years old:lol:

I find that everything tastes better on a sandwich. Apple & mint sauce is another favourite of mine, along with cheese & chocolate. And, of course, the food of the Gods- the Pie Barm!

Latest posts

Back