Strange heat sensation?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ruby-nails

Reaction score
Was doing a set of acrylics on a client this morning, when suddenly my client experienced a painful heat sensation on her thumb nail after the l&P had been on her nail plate for approx 1 minute. I felt her nail and it was dead hot. I was just about to take it off when suddenly it started to cool down. She said it was uncomfotable to file it with the 180grit, but fine with the 240grit.
The thumb was damaged six months ago when she hit it with a hammer, and although the damage has grown out she still has a noticable ridge in it.
So it really puzzled me and I thought I'd ask if anyone could shed some light?

i have had the same thing happen to me with my mum, my mum is always damaging her fingers and nails some how and when i did a set on her using NSI she experienced this on a few nails but when i use EZ flow on her she doesnt :irked: strange!

Could be down to the damage but i always thought this was with working too wet ( i very easily could be wrong ) :hug:

and bigger balls!!!
lol
using bigger beads, like we normally do with the thumb, can cause this especially if you worked maybe a little too wet aswell,
try smaller beads and with the correct ratio
hth

When the nail is thin or damaged, it's easier to feel the exothermic reaction from where product is curing. I believe it can also happen if the l&p ratio is too wet, correct me on that if I'm wrong.

:)

It sounds like a good explanation, and although I was concentrating I may have let the odd wet bead slip whilst talking. I suppose if the nail is damaged it is more sensitive. What I couldn't figure out though was why that thumb nail got so hot, I mean it was hot for me to touch. I've not had that happen before and when I first started doing L&P my ratios were far too wet until I was shown the error of my ways. I understand that the reaction is the molecules speeding up while curing, but why that damaged thumb nail? Weird.

yeah that sounds about right, when i used NSI products i was still training and thinking back i probably was working too wet.

the product always heats up, but you just dont notice it on the smaller nails because you use less product.
you are more likely to notice it on the thumb because you need a bigger amount of product to cover it. the fact that the thumb was damaged means that it would be more sensitive too so you would be even more likely to feel it.
if you use a bit more liquid than you should the reaction will be more intense too.

so just keep an eye on your ratio, as long as thats right, its nothing to worry about and its just down to the damage making the client more sensitive to the exothermic reation.

okay thanks for that, I chatter too much is my problem. I need to learn to concentrate at the same time.:)

Hiya

It could be damage to the natural nail or incorrect mix L&P

a drop of solar oil will fix it

Jenx

Latest posts

Back