Strange phone call

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RachelLynch

Reaction score
I received a strange phone call this evening and it's made me quite upset

A bloke rang me asking if I could do massage at his home I didn't like the way he asked so I said I don't offer it plus im salon based, he's asked if I could do it anyway and I said due to not been qualified I wouldn't be able to do it, he said well can you not have ago so I explained my insurance wouldn't cover me.

He then started saying well can you not do it without Insurance and we will just keep it between me and you if you know what I mean, so I just said no and put the phone down.

Did I do the right thing? I feel it may have been the wrong thing to do but felt for my own safety :(

You don't do home based visits, you don't do massage so I don't see any need to explain yourself after that :)
I do both but I make very clear what I offer as some chaps WILL try it on :) Keep a note of his number so you can ignore him should he call again ;)

You need to remember that at the end of the day it is always down to us who we decide to treat - we have no obligation to treat anyone! :) If you didn't feel that everything was "right" then you did the right thing in refusing him :)

Its horrible being put in a situation like that isnt it, i do understand how i feel.. I would have done the same thing.. You said the right things and tried to make it clear.. Try not to let it upset you :)

Omg absolute right thing to do!! Trust your instincts!!

You'll toughen up to this 'type' of enquiry lovely. Unfortunatley there are a small minority of men on this planet that think all beauty therapist work in disguise and are really on the game selling themselves! You did the right thing. Dont feel bad. Xx

Sent from my GT-N7000 using SalonGeek

We had a phone call to the college salon phone number for a male who wanted treatments 'with extras' the other day. After politely, but firmly telling him we do not offer that, he proceeded to ask if he could have any of the students numbers!! Very strange people out there.

Go with your gut instinct. Also, calling you on a Sunday is not on. Where do you think he could have got your number if you are only salon based?

I feel better now, I thought id done the right thing, i don't understand men at all beauty salons an massage parlors are completely different things! Carnt believe this has happened to so many people!

I asked and he said up your street? What the hell is that!

You totally did the right thing :hug::hug:

Have faith in your gut instincts, they will serve you well. xx

*shudder* creepy :eek: Yup Id have steered clear too. xxxx

Keep his number should he contact you again you can pass the number to the police, same goes to the college requesting extras is illegal and the police will contact them.

Years ago were I worked we had someone ring up and asked to speak to Sarah she went to the phone thinking it was a client and got a bit of a shock when the guy told her she looked v nice today etc we contacted the police turned out it was a young lad having a 'laugh' while his parents were away and just guessed a name, The police also contacted his parents while they were away to warn them about what he'd been doing!

After I've rambled the police can trace these calls and do act!

If I ever get a call like this I store the number in the phone's memory so I know not to pick it up again. Store it under something that will make you laugh so it takes the edge off if he phones again. Mickey Mouse, Daffy Duck - and they're just the ones I can repeat on here :)

I've put his number in my block list under a certain name! Haha. If he rings again I'd want to tell him of! x

I'm salon based I get them now and again but you did the right thing.depending on the mood I'm in and who is in the salon depends on what I say to them when they ring xxx

I've put his number in my block list under a certain name! Haha. If he rings again I'd want to tell him of! x

I bet I can guess the name!! Lol!
Bet it's not as repeatable as daffy duck! ;-) x

Seriously ! You got to protect yourself !
I would not of had the conversation I am not trained, I am salon based, my ins won't cover me.
NO MEANS NO !
End of conversation phone down. Don't mean to be so blunt but he sounded well dodgy ! You did the right thing just do it sooner next time :)

definitely right thing to do. If youre not comfortable always say no. But if you say youre not qualified then you shouldnt have done it anyway?
These kind of blokes make it really difficult for genuine male clients to receive treatments. I work in the industry and I still feel uncomfortable booking in for treatments as I'd feel like the girls in the salon would assume im some sort of weirdo/perv

It's up to you who you choose to treat. Don't waste another second getting upset about what happened. Sounds like a perv to me who was probably trying to get a reaction out of you. Unfortunatly you do get some weirdos out there.
I'm a stricktly ladies only salon. I don't have to explain myself to anyone. Although I have had men ask if I do massage in the past and I politely but firmly told them ladies only and it also states this on my price list. It's my own business so I can choose to treat who I please.

Latest posts

Back