Strange Problem - Tips Not Sticking.

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Emily S

Cheap ain't nice and nice ain't cheap <3
Reaction score
A while ago I went to a friend's house to do her nails, she was having MINX on the tips - the tips were natural from Millennium.

Anyway, I prepped her nails and the tips with the MINX on, went to adhere them to her nails and they would NOT stick, no matter how much I tried.. and boy did I try bearing in mind I'd put the MINX on them all it was a waste really. They wouldn't stay put even after holding for 3-4 minutes.

She has worn tipped nails before so it doesn't seem to be down to the shape of her nails? I was using NSI brush on glue which I always use, I even stuck my fingers together for a second just to show her that the glue was decent (lol) as I was getting pretty frustrated and embarrassed.

In the end up she had a Shellac treatment and was impressed.

BUT, she is asking to try the tips again as she wants some length - is it worth trying again, is there any reason why they may not have stuck before but could do now?

I've never had it happen before and am a tad baffled! :)

I had this happen to me last winter!! So frustrating! I think it was due to the cold weather! The temp in the salon was dropping below freezing during the night I think reckon it froze I lost two whole boxes of nail glue! I even went back to the supplier and they Weren't helpful! I started taking the glue home at night and it never happened again!
Could this have happened to your glue? Hth x

I really don't think so as it continued to work on other clients.. I did wonder about the cold though and if she had particularly cold hands? Although I don't think I knew at the time that this could be a possible issue.

Hi, It sounds like it may have been something on her nail plate that was making it impossible to stick the tips on. I had this with my mum once and where before they would normally stick solid, they were just sliding off the nail!. What we think it was, was before she came round she'd applied hand cream and although she washed her hands thoroughly (and I prepped and sanitised them) we came to the conclusion that it must have made the nail plate too greasy. Did your friend put on makeup/cream etc just before you arrived or anything??? Just a thought xx

Try doing a super prep on her nails... Scrubfresh all 10, then Nailfresh, then Scrubfresh again.
Do the second Scrubfresh on 2 nails at a time, allow to dry thoroughly (shouldn't take more than a few seconds as you use both products sparingly) then do a thin application of adhesive to each nail before putting the adhesive on the tip and applying it to the nail.
Doing 2 at a time will mean the nail plate is thoroughly cleansed and dehydrated enough (temporarily) to allow the tips to adhere properly.

Super prep PLUS double adhesive should help :D

I use nsi polybond glue and when I trained with nsi they did say cold hands are the main cause of tips not sticking so most probably this was the cause. Hth

I really don't think so as it continued to work on other clients.. I did wonder about the cold though and if she had particularly cold hands? Although I don't think I knew at the time that this could be a possible issue.

Yup, sounds like it.. I have a client who always has cold hands.. (she actually has a medical condition to do with her circulation) whenever we do anything involving L&P and resin I place a heated towel under her hands.. took me ages to work out why the tips would just slide off her fingers.. even after a sandwich prep of scrub/nail/scrub fresh's .. and L&P takes forever to cure on her.. even with the warm towel... :(

Thanks everyone, I shall give these suggestions a try :)

Latest posts

Back