Strange questions

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Georgie.mxo

Reaction score
I work as self employed and run my business mainly through Instagram. Which means people can direct message me to book. This is amazing, but I also get the strangest questions and requests! Someone messaged me at midnight last night asking if I can put her own henna made hair dye on her hair for free?! God you have to laugh, does anyone else get these strange requests?!

I was asked the other day if I could advise the best colour to buy from boots to take her hair from purple to a brown ombre.
I had never met this person in my life, someone recommended my name on a local gossip page.
Did make me laugh

I work as self employed and run my business mainly through Instagram. Which means people can direct message me to book. This is amazing, but I also get the strangest questions and requests! Someone messaged me at midnight last night asking if I can put her own henna made hair dye on her hair for free?! God you have to laugh, does anyone else get these strange requests?!
You can't believe people would have the audacity. I had a client ask would her bill be cheaper if she "stripped her hair herself prior to the appointment" how do you politely say "no, it'll probably cost more, after you get blotches and chunks of all kinds of different colours running through it"?
I've also had a client bring her own styling mousse because "nothing that any hairdressers I've been to will hold my hair see. So if you could just use a golf ball size of this" *pulls out a can of shockwaves mousse*

I've also had a client bring her own styling mousse because "nothing that any hairdressers I've been to will hold my hair see. So if you could just use a golf ball size of this" *pulls out a can of shockwaves mousse*

OMG! :eek:
You can just imagine them sat in a posh restaurant dismissing the menu and unwrapping a stale sandwich from tinfoil.
People can be very odd. :D

I don't even bother to reply to questions like this x

I was asked the other day if I could advise the best colour to buy from boots to take her hair from purple to a brown ombre.
I had never met this person in my life, someone recommended my name on a local gossip page.
Did make me laugh
The "can you reccomend a box dye" qs are the worstttt!!

You can't believe people would have the audacity. I had a client ask would her bill be cheaper if she "stripped her hair herself prior to the appointment" how do you politely say "no, it'll probably cost more, after you get blotches and chunks of all kinds of different colours running through it"?
Hahaha! For gods sake, cheap hair ain't good and good hair ain't cheap I was always told

OMG! :eek:
You can just imagine them sat in a posh restaurant dismissing the menu and unwrapping a stale sandwich from tinfoil.
People can be very odd. :D
My tutor said something in comparison to a restaurant that always stuck, similar to this. You wouldn't go to a steak restaurant and bring your own steak and then ask them to cook it for you.

I do hair extensions and was once asked to do some on a prize horse. Rubbed a bald patch off his mane and needed repairs for a competition!! [emoji23][emoji23]

Got a whatsapp message a couple months ago asking me to massage their dog.

I humored them for a while, asked them for cute dog pics. I knew it had to be a joke so I just went along with it. They had a profile photo of them with a lion so eventually I said well it’s been lovely chatting to you but I only massage big cats, no dogs. They seemed disappointed and said ‘oh I have a cat but it’s only small.’ It was the weirdest apart from the nutjob that wanted me to squeeze his back skin to get him off and then hit me. I picked him up and carried him out of my house.

...It was the weirdest apart from the nutjob that wanted me to squeeze his back skin to get him off and then hit me. I picked him up and carried him out of my house.

How awful for you. :eek: I hope you reported him to the police.

How awful for you. :eek: I hope you reported him to the police.

I considered it but I definitely shit him up and gave him a speech about what a disgrace he is so hopefully it’s scared him enough not to try it again :D

Latest posts

Back